Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I am feeling left out I havn't had a problem with ff at home, I have a problem with every thing at work too far away from the exchange.

All the best Rick.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
What I think (don't laugh) is this - you know this Anonymous lot who cocked up Visa and Mastercard? - well I reckon they cocked up quite a lot more of the WWW as we know it ...... and everybody but everybody have been having to do extra back-ups and stuff to make sure they are as safe as they can be.

No - safer than that.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
its slow now on FF and faster on Chrome??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
All this morning internet speeds are a mixture of flying then stopping, some sites OK others won't load depending on your computers routing. Something is just not quite right in internet land at the moment, sites reachable one minute and gone the next. Its very frustrating

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I am impressed with how smooth chrome is, but I cant get my head around favourites.

I like typing into the header bar that doubles up as a question box if that makes sense.

Either carry on typing the full address and press return as normal or use you cursor to scroll down the list to what will probably be exactly what you are after and left click. I used to open up Google (when I used FF etc) and type in that little box. Now it is all in one. Also love highlighting a product number say, and when I right click it asks do I want to copy it or.... search Google for 'it'? Left click of you go to the results page. Bob loves it and he dislikes change, and me, being a bit of a control freak, I hate predictive text on a phone. This Google is so good though! Jane :Smile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
All this morning internet speeds are a mixture of flying then stopping, some sites OK others won't load depending on your computers routing. Something is just not quite right in internet land at the moment, sites reachable one minute and gone the next. Its very frustrating

Trouble is Jim, you get up too early!

By the time I crawl out of bed the internet has warmed up and runs smoothly... :ROFLMAO:

JJ

I am up rather early today 'cos I am contemplating doing some washing...:Sad:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I am having multiple problems this morning fun won't load or loads in reduced format, freezes and crashes. Yes I am using FF but have no problems with any other site or function, the problem is over 2 computers.

Doug...

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I am having multiple problems this morning fun won't load or loads in reduced format, freezes and crashes. Yes I am using FF but have no problems with any other site or function, the problem is over 2 computers.

Doug...

It will be something to do with the route your isp is taking to get to the Fun server. If there is a bottleneck somewhere you will get the problems you describe. I had similar problems with fun and other sites this morning, fun is OK for me now but some other sites are slow or just not there.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It will be something to do with the route your isp is taking to get to the Fun server. If there is a bottleneck somewhere you will get the problems you describe. I had similar problems with fun and other sites this morning, fun is OK for me now but some other sites are slow or just not there.
Same here. It will likely be down to the Ddos people promoting "freedom".

Graham

Northerner

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
Regretfully, with me it's just this site that's giving problems and it was the same yesterday. Sometimes it simply isn't even available and twice, when I have connected, I've typed a longish post only to completely lose it when I press the 'Submit' button as it then tells me that the site is no longer available.

Perhaps I'm unlucky with the route from my PC to this site, but I have connected as rapidly as ever to several other sites this morning. It really has been frustrating. I now copy all posts before submitting them, just in case it drops out again. At least I don't have to re-type them every time using this method.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It's not just Fun. I just tried Facebook and can't get that via Virgin but it's OK via 3 on the phone. Looks like we just have to put up with this disruption for a while.

Graham

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Weve even had problems in work connecting to the internet, our IT guys have got a sweat on over it. :whatthe:
Jim
:winky:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Interesting test

I have Chrome running on my lap top and FF on the desktop.

Both have fun open
The lap top is defiantly faster with Chrome but the desktop with FF is the same speed as the laptop with Chrome.

So it would seem that its not just the Browser but the computer also that is involved.

Doug...

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Steph's 3 dongle dropped out last night and will not connect since tho mine is OK. Called into the 3 shop today and was told some customers were having this problem and that they were sorting it out. If it does not work tommorrow we are to ring 500 (free call) and they would re transmit the settings to her dongle. Hope this helps someone. :Smile:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
just a thought on the wild side:Smile:
wouldnt be anything to do
with a certain benevolent gent climbs down chimenleys:winky:
robs your mince pies and milk:cry:
disguised in a red cloak goes by the name of santa claws would it :thumb:
or people trying to make many christ mass purchases online:Eeek:
then sending em to him above for onward delivery:whatthe::ROFLMAO::thumb:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Had the same problem with Firefox on the laptop over the last weekend. Kept crashing. But today it seems ok.
Is it too many people buying presents and ordering groceries on-line before the big freeze and snow dump arrives?
Feel nervous about changing to chrome when I'm used to FF.
Lucille

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back