Jan 12, 2009
milford haven
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8y
IMG_1036.JPG
Christmas is nearly here , just wondering if anyone is thinking of spending the festive period in their van ?????

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Thinking about it but can't decide if we will go away for Christmas or new year.

By the time we have finally agreed on timings and destinations everything will be booked up and we will end up sleeping in the Motorhome on the driveway!

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Definitely want to get away in the Moho after Boxing Day, such an anti climax otherwise just sat at home.

Would love to take the tunnel and head towards sunnier weather but not enough time so might have to head to Cornwall and enjoy some walks on the beech with our pooch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Head to Southport CC on the 23rd until the 28rd Xmas dinner in the mh
Then head to Chester fairoaks 28th until the 2nd for new year and do a bit of shopping at Cheshire oaks retail park
First Xmas for a while that I'm really excited about

michnig

Free Member
Jun 28, 2016
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
dont own yet
Exp
im a newbie ex caravaner
We went to Morton in Marsh cc last xmas as a get away due to an horrific year,and it was fantastic (first time aver been away from home xmas day)
we even had a scaled down xmas dinner.
Its only one and a half hours from home, but you could have been anywhere
the site was full and people seemed a bit more friendly than usual.
we have had a better year this year but booked. to go again this xmas and we cant wait

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We'll be at home for Christmas as hubby does the cooking and likes to be in our kitchen which is obviously a lot bigger than the one in the camper so allows him to make an even bigger mess!!! :rolleyes:

Other than that haven't got a clue what we're doing/where we'll be.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
yes we will be spending the three days of the New Year in sunny Cornwall with a couple more "funsters".
NYE is my birthday!!! PLEASE no presents!! donations to the colyboy fund!!

Happy Christmas and a very Happy New Year

colyboy

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
We are off too Somerwoods caravan park near Coventry from the 23rd to the 28th for Christmas.
Really looking forward to it, a chance to try everything out properly in our "new" motorhome.

Hopefully might see some funsters there.

Mark & Anne.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Home for Christmas for a change - cooking for 9:eek:. Don't think I've ever cooked for that many before! We get away for Christmas as often as possible (and New Year).

No idea whether we'll be able to get away new year as waiting on hospital appointments for Joe.

Denise

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
home with family for xmas but always get away for two or three days between xmas and new year - no plans as yet

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We will be using ours over Christmas, the fridge for extra food bits, the rest of the vehicle for hiding presents. I suspect the turkey will spend a night there too.
But we will be away for a week in early December. :)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Xmas day at ours , as usual , our 3 kids ( 20, 20, 22 ) and their partners and Ralphs lovely mum and dad where I'll be cooking the full Monty Xmas lunch , booze , nibbles and party games until bed time.
:party:
Then Boxing Day we shall set off , mid day on our way off up to Moffat. Probably having a night at Hawes or Tan Hill inn or on the way up.
We shall stay at Moffat over New year ( where we have been for the last 4 years now ) we've planned to do lots of walking and touring about the area. Then we are booked in at Brodie's again ( in Moffat ) for a 6 course gourmet dinner , New Years Eve.
Then into their Gin bar where there's a band booked and dancing.
Out onto Moffat Main Street to see fireworks and welcome New Year . :party2:
Then come back home sometime after my birthday on the 2nd.
Maybe the 4 th see how we go.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Going solo for a bit. Booked on the eurostar on the 19th Dec. No plans (just the way I like it) apart from heading as far south as I can. Might check out and see if the ferry to Ibiza is practical, wouldn't mind a trip to Gibralter and up in to Portugal if I feel I have time.

I'm sure it will be great fun and I am really looking forward to it but can't help but picture myself sitting in the van on my tod, eating a turkey sannie with the little paper hat on on Christmas morning (insert worlds smallest violin smiley here)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
One place available for the New Year in Love Cornwall due to cancellation.

Colyboy

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Hi , we are off to Kilmarnock to our usual New Years haunt, partying with our friends in the Motorhome club !! 4 great nights with bingo, live acts,karaoke, piper at the bells and a ne'er day meal too.
Plus some day trips out in the club mini bus !! no drinking and driving for us !!!
Great time will be had by all and if we are lucky we might just get snowed in so the partying can continue !! lol !!

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Irnbru said, We are off to Pitlochry for Hogmanay and New Year ceilidhs. taking the 2 vans with us :)

For your info Perth Council who operated the car park in Pitlochry have removed the motorhome parking spaces within the car park.
If you know Pitlochry just after the car park turn left towards the railway station under bridge (safe to do) follow road left and right and 50 feet passed the last bend is the showground car park, you will be safe there and not to far to walk into town either !!
Enjoy hogmany !!

dartslf2000

Free Member
Sep 14, 2009
Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1999
We are and will be in Spain somewhere, we took the eurotunnel on the 10th Nov and have no plans other than to be down here until March and the worst (hopefully) of the Welsh weather is gone.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We will be in Cornwall for Christmas, initially staying at Doubletrees, whilst we visit relatives nearby, then on to Penzance to park on Robin's brothers driveway for Christmas Day and maybe a couple more days before we head towards Shrewsbury for New Year!!

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Watching this thread keenly. I am keen to do a Christmas in the Van, but currently have a strange set of circumstances.
Mother in law has split from her long term partner, so we are looking to take her away from it all. I mostly despise my siblings (apart from my sister) so want to get a long way away from anywhere they are!
So looking for somewhere with moderately OK weather, that has a place to pitch up the Motorhome, and also close by has somewhere like a hotel (for mother in law).
We aren't sure currently if mother in law has a valid passport, so it's a bit tricky to ask, without giving the game away. Europe may be out of the question, me and wifey will snoop in a few weeks to see if we can find it! :D
Scotland is high up on our list (ok not warm, but they do have whisky!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back