Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Our first Christmas away from home, away from the log fires and traditions we’ve built. We thought long and hard about it, but insisted as long as we’re all together, we’ll have fun wherever we were.

Then a few weeks ago we learn that due to work commitments our son would be overseas at Christmas and would not make it out to Spain with us. Ah well, we were dreadfully disappointed but there is nothing we could do. Didn’t stop the wishing though. We’d still have a nice Christmas even if a bit muted when we dwelled on our son’s absence. Siân who is a real Mrs Brown has been giving us all a very good TV Mrs Brown impression and at almost every opportunity, she’ll go teary eyed and endlessly say its a shame her son won’t be with us. How could Christmas be the same with a child of ours missing!

Anyway, determined to make the most of it, yesterday we were ready to welcome our eldest daughter and her fiancé. Siân had made a full spread of tapas, jugs of Sangria, and we waited for them to arrive in their hire car from the airport. The christmas music playing seemingly strangely at odds with the Sun beating down.

They arrived, lots of hugs and we sat down to eat, drink and catch up. After about 30 minutes, my daughter asked for a lift with some luggage, we opened the boot, and there was my son, giggling. Siân almost throttled him with her cuddles, and drowned him in tears, our Christmas complete. Were going to have a good one. We hope you do too.

Merry-Christmas-Text-Png.png

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
What a great gift for you all:xgrin:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
That's fantastic.

Have a great time:xThumb:

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
What a lovely, lovely surprise. Enjoy your family Christmas....especially now. :xgrin:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Brings a tear to your eye don't it.......... Brilliant Siân, I know you'll have a good un now.... Hugs from us for Christmas. :xlaugh:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
ahhhh how lovely Jim i was in tears for Sian as i was reading your post. So glad he gave you such a lovely suprise. Have a fantastic time you are such a beautiful family and we love you all dearly ,you are all so good to Amanda when you meet and greet her and let her join in with your family . Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all so much love from us three xxx

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Im a newbie...since Sept 14
In happy tears here at your surprise...how absolutely wonderful for you all! No doubt it will be a very Merry Christmas now! Have a fab one! Huggggs :xgrin::xgrin:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Jeez...these defence cuts are getting bad when the army has to jump from the boot of car!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great one:xThumb:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
That's great news Jim, so pleased for you all, nothing like having all the family together. Strangely the exact thing happened to us on Saturday, Merry Christmas. xx

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
One of our son's is away this Christmas's defending the realm our other will be offshore but we will have most of the grand kids visit over Christmas's and our oldest boy will come to visit with his children
bill

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
The ending got me - sat here blubbering like a baby

Christmas is ALL about families, and its great that you are all together

Deleted User
Our first Christmas away from family although the kids long since flew the nest and live in different areas so have only been able to spend part of Christmas with either but it will still seem strange and possibly emotional (not me I am a rufty tufty man:xrofl:)

It was our daughters 40th birthday in March this year and we managed to surprise her completely by arriving on her doorstep,(she thought we were in Portugal) the look on her face was worth all the effort in arranging things with her partner etc.

Merry Christmas to all:xgrin:

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
How fabulous. Smiling and sniffling at the same time. Nothing beats family round a table at Christmas, nothing.

Have a wonderful christmas:cheers:

Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
Although you love them exactly the same , I still think there is a bond between Mums & Sons , and with Dads & Daughters
Regards Dave dotsontour
Merry Christmas All , wherever you are .

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Wonderful!

Think it's just the two of us on Christmas Day this year and daughter will be coming on Boxing Day. Son #1 will be working, son #2 will be on call. We should see them in the new year.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
What a lovely surprise. Have a wonderful sunny Christmas together, Feliz Navidad and love from us two xx

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Lovely surprise for you Jim & Sian, hope he's settling in to life in the forces. Have a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year down there in Spain/Portugal.

Best Wishes to you and your family and to all Funsters wherever they may be.

Ken & Lynda

PS Lynda blubbered when she read that your lad was in the boot all the time.:xrofl:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
30 minutes! So lucky the sangria had not gone to Ginny's head, what with the sun beating down :xrofl: What a wonderful surprise :xgrin: We know you will have a brilliant Christmas and you all deserve it :xsmile: Our very best wishes, Janie, Bob and Izzy x

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i love proper thought out surprises that are so simple but mean so much!!

great news @Jim and Sian; what a great set of children you have. they knew how much it would mean and how to make your day.
:xgrin::xgrin::xgrin::xThumb::xThumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Just magical.... No words can express how happy John n I are for you all to be together for this year's Christmas celebrations , we knew how upset Sian was missing one member of the family as well as being away from home now the real fun begins xx

Merry Christmas to you all and a Happy 2016
Ps also send our congratulations to Ginnie and Chris on their engagement xxx

John nKath xx

M

Madwife

Deleted User
That's fantastic and hope you have a lovely Christmas.

Kath

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back