Rally Christmas Tinsel Fun weekend 7th 8th 9th to 10th December 2017 (1 Viewer)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
So, several apparently arriving on Thursday according to this thread, tell me about that then? Or will they be Billy no mates!;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Muriel

Free Member
Oct 5, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Kate. I have booked and paid in full for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Many thanks.
Muriel.

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
So, several apparently arriving on Thursday according to this thread, tell me about that then? Or will they be Billy no mates!;)
No they won’t be Billy no mates Simon, cos we have now amended our booking Thursday till Monday. Just hope they bring some alcohol with them. :D

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
As stated on first post on page 1 this meet is
8th Fri 9th sat 10th Sun . You don't have to attend the 3days you can just do Fri sat or whatever to suit yourselves . However you can book dates before and after this event to suit your selves . Jan at the showground is happy to take your bookings . They are a charity and are happy for the buisiness. I shall be there from the Thursday x
Just book what you want

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
To save anymore confussion I've changed the title of this meet to 7th8th 9th10th of Dec . You can book any day or days as you like once booked post on here and let me know . Thank you.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Thank you for clarifying Kate. We plan to arrive mid afternoon on Thursday and leave around lunchtime on Sunday. In your original question you asked who would be there on Thursday. Was this because you wanted some help with setting up and things? If so We could try to be there a bit earlier. Let me know if that would help.

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Thank you for clarifying Kate. We plan to arrive mid afternoon on Thursday and leave around lunchtime on Sunday. In your original question you asked who would be there on Thursday. Was this because you wanted some help with setting up and things? If so We could try to be there a bit earlier. Let me know if that would help.

thank you for offer of help appreciate that。
we will be ok its mostly parking the vans up on Thursday。 may need a liitle help if we have late arrivals 。 its quite dark on the showground as we found out this week end at the bonfire meet。
Kate

Sep 15, 2013
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Hymer b654
Exp
Paid for 3 nights can I change the Sunday to Thursday.
Do you want me to phone the ground xx

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK I have copied this from the Bonfire meet thread and updated it.

PS we are going to prison:LOL: well a few of us have booked the guided tour of Dana prison in Shrewsbury so when we have been I will post a review and anybody coming back some time might want to give it a go, it needs to be good at £18 a pop.

OK update time(y) “we escaped” phew, too cold to get locked in that’s for sure. So was it worth it? The general consensus is yes but make sure you do the guided not saving a couple of quid and just walking around yourselves, the guide we had worked there for 24 years and gave an interesting insight into the workings of the prison including the execution room (hanging).

The tour lasted two hours.

If someone wanted to put a group booking together it’s a minimum of 15 I think, we have been now so somebody else can organise it;)

Martin

Just to add the prison is going to be converted to apartments or something soon so if you want to see it don’t miss your chance.

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
@Ambilkate Hi Kate. I’ve changed my dates with Jan. I’ll now be there Thursday till Sunday as it’s easier if my son wants the car.

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Kate is there any food at this venue brian

Hi Brian. We are going to have a Jacobs table or American supper on the Saturday. For those that don't know what this is. Its were everyone brings something to share with others. It worked well last year for the new year meet funsters brought slow cookers and we had different currys chilli con carnies, hotpots Beef bourginon. Sandwiches quiches etc. I'll be posting in a few days with an agenda and putting on thread. X Kate

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Do you want me to bring scouse for the Saturday night x

Mmmmm mouth watering already oh yes please x
We think we will have enough electric sockets and if anyone has extra block extentions we can borrow we could have quite a few hot dishes that is if funsters would like to cook something I'm thinking of doing a Chinese chicken curry and a beef chili concarnie for our contribution. It was lovely to have a hot meal and try small amounts of each it worked quite well at new year meet. We will put all food on tables on the landing at the top of the stairs it worked quite well at a previous meet. So any Funsters out there who want to contribute with a special hot dish they enjoy cooking we would love that and I'm sure it would be really appreciated on the night. X
Ps it doesn't have to be cooked over the weekend. You dont want to be slaving away over a stove whilst you are here. It could be done beforehand and frozen and brought with you ;)

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Hi Kate, we will be arriving Thursday and leaving Sunday x
All confirmed with Jan (y)

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Hi Kate.
just to confirm that we have changed our dates to arrive on Thursday and leave on Sunday.
xx

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
IMG_4825.JPG
Hi Kate, Alice will happily make her award winning Chilli and a big bowl of rice - same as went down well at Newbury, unless that would be too many chillies!

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
View attachment 196399 Hi Kate, Alice will happily make her award winning Chilli and a big bowl of rice - same as went down well at Newbury, unless that would be too many chillies!

I'm sure there will be some funsters appreciative of a good hot award winning chilli say yes please and thank Alice for us xxx
Kate

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
OK Christmas tinsel Funsters
Was thinking of having £1of each person on arrival this would help towards tea coffee milk biscuits various other items to making the weekend special what's left over can go towards a charity which we can decide on the weekend.
Also was thinking of having a best Christmas theme dressed up Van competition so get ya Decco & lights out at the ready.
Also a Christmas raffle so donations would be much appreciated please.
We shall have the usual bingo play your cards right.
If someone would like to have a go at putting on a Christmas, quiz I'd really appreciate the help???
Will be sorting agenda for the weekend over the next week so any ideas much appreciated.
We have already decided on an American or Jacobs table(for those that don't know what this is its were funsters bring food to share it can be hot or cold as little or as much as you like. If you read previous posts on this page some funsters have already said what they will be bringing. So if you have a special dish you like to prepare bring it along x) for the Saturday night followed by the disco.
Kate x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back