Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Hi

Don't want to break any rules so soft start for now.

We are off to the Christmas markets for a long weekend in early December.

Right now out plan is to travel overnight on the Thursday after work. Bernkastel Kues followed by Trier on the Friday then on to Luxembourg City on Saturday and Metz on Sunday before heading home overnight.

We think we have found overnight stops as we need them but any thoughts or suggestions welcome as you never know until you get there..

We very rarely stay on camp sites so the only thing different is the European element as we have always used the car before and it will be the first winter trip for us in this van.... So actually all new... Consider us winter Europe campervan virgins haha

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I didn't know Ferrari made MHs.

We did suffer in Bernkastel. Thought we'd found a good overnight by the river but on closer inspection the car park had to be vacated at 18:00. At that time and annoyed we carried on to Piesport where there was a delightful stellplatz.

So look carefully where you park in Bernkastel, which is one lovely town in warm sunshine. Piesport did not have much to offer.

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Thank you hilldweller.. that's really useful information and exactly the reason I posted. The stellenplatz by the river seems to be suitable for overnight by looking online but you never know till you get there..

It's a big ask.. 1500 miles ish but no single drive over 5 hours and most drives under an hour and a half.. plus we are self managed tourers so we can change our minds as late and as often as we like lol..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You can park in Bernkastel in the car park under the road bridge in town but you need to get a ticket from the tourist information and you pay a few Euro and can stay 3 nights, your first hour is free so you can use this hour to go to the Tourist info.

That was the system last year anyway.

Don't miss the cathedral in Trier.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You can park in Bernkastel in the car park under the road bridge in town .

Damn. We got that wrong. The place was heaving at the time and we got on this big car park on the north bank, all set for the night then near to 18:00 "why is everyone going" and I re-read the notice.

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Hmm.. maybe we should do things in a different order.. anyone know if there's a stellplatz in Trier.. I will Google later

Just found this useful resource if anyone else hasn't found it yet

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Hmm.. maybe we should do things in a different order.. anyone know if there's a stellplatz in Trier.. I will Google later

Just found this useful resource if anyone else hasn't found it yet

Aaagh. Welcome to Fun and enjoy your travels, but no swearing on Fun. :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back