Christmas in the van (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
We can't go abroad this year for Christmas so would like what those that go away for Christmas and new year do or go when staying in this country are their any rallies on or do you go to club sites I know it's a bit early but it's creeping up

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Ive always wanted to go away at Christmas but Jo is very much a home bird at that time of the year:rolleyes:
brian and jo

Clayton9

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Ponteland Northumberland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
12years
Hi.

We are going to go to glenshee in scotland for christmas and new year. Hope to get some snow.

Cant wait.

Wild camping all of it....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
We have been to a club site for New Year and a commercial site for Christmas. Often the club sites will erect a marquee and arrange some social activities, quizzes or bingo or something completely different! We only did it as we never see any family, so its not really a special time for us and we just wanted to get away from all the hype! I probably would do it again.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Me too, I want to put the time to good use and go away. I really fancy being all cozy inside over winter and looking at some incredible views, but Di wants to spend an hour with her boys on Christmas Day

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Many of the CC club sites which hold Christmas Rallies will be be pretty well booked up by now. You will also find that many DA Christmas meets within the C&CC stipulate that you must have attended a number of weekend rallies earlier in the year to be eligible for their Christmas rallies.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Hi.

We are going to go to glenshee in scotland for christmas and new year. Hope to get some snow.

Cant wait.

Wild camping all of it....
Just hope the snow gates aren't closed lol its a long walk

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better

1. Broken Link Removed
    Broken Link RemovedFunster - Life Member
    Two years ago we joined an informal New Year Rally in Butley Village Hall with some local tuggers and a handful of Funsters and I think a good time was had by all. :winky:

We are looking at running it again this this year from Tuesday 30th December to Sunday 4th January, but since the hall has been partially refurbished, costs have increased and the the whole thing will be about £50 including camping and use of the hall throughout, plus all entertainment. The break-even point is therefore about 15 units after which the cost will drop.

If you are interested, please post here, or PM us. If we can get to the 15 definitely interested, it will run. A small deposit will be requested later in the summer as we will have to pay a deposit to the hall and the NYE entertainment.

The hall has had the kitchen completely refitted, is now better insulated and heated, and double gazing has been installed, so we will should not need the vacuum squeegees this year. ::bigsmile:

Best wishes ...... Robin
    Broken Link Removed, Broken Link RemovedBroken Link Removed
    Broken Link RemovedBroken Link RemovedBroken Link Removed
    1 person likes this.

This rally is on for New Year, we are joining this group for the New Year as far as I know there are still places available. I am sure you will be welcome.

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Hoping to spend Christmas day @ home as its a ritual now get up crack open a beer cook breakfast, have family round, drink more & cook a full on dinner followed by the evening of reflecting on how much food just went in the bin whilst drinking my extremely expensive whisky.

New Years im available & want to get away for a change....................................

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................

1. Broken Link Removed
    Two years ago we joined an informal New Year Rally in Butley Village Hall with some local tuggers and a handful of Funsters and I think a good time was had by all. :winky:

We are looking at running it again this this year from Tuesday 30th December to Sunday 4th January, but since the hall has been partially refurbished, costs have increased and the the whole thing will be about £50 including camping and use of the hall throughout, plus all entertainment. The break-even point is therefore about 15 units after which the cost will drop.

If you are interested, please post here, or PM us. If we can get to the 15 definitely interested, it will run. A small deposit will be requested later in the summer as we will have to pay a deposit to the hall and the NYE entertainment.

The hall has had the kitchen completely refitted, is now better insulated and heated, and double gazing has been installed, so we will should not need the vacuum squeegees this year. ::bigsmile:

Best wishes ...... Robin
    1 person likes this.

This rally is on for New Year, we are joining this group for the New Year as far as I know there are still places available. I am sure you will be welcome.

just copy the link next time :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
We've hosted new year rallies for the paSt 3 years the laSt two at Uttoxeter races...

This year we have no plans whatsoever...

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Christmas at home. New year were off to Scotland a town called Moffat spending New Year's Eve in a restaurant /bar called Brodies .

Clayton9

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Ponteland Northumberland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
12years
Hi tambo.

Any other ideas for us?. Just thought we would wild camp and drop in to glenshee and other parts of cairngorms.

Many thanks

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Ive always wanted to go away at Christmas but Jo is very much a home bird at that time of the year:rolleyes:
brian and jo
I love spending Christmas here with my children and panto in bridlington with grandchildren, but Steve wants to go to the algarve so this year instead of going in January I said I'd go Dec as a one off, you never know I might enjoy it.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We have both managed to book Christmas and New Year off for the first time ever in our working lives.
We'll be heading for a guaranteed white Christmas in the Alps!

No over eating, no vegging in front of the TV, just great views and fresh air!

Can't wait!

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Have had both Christmas and new year away in previous years. I tend to use club sites because they are cheaper when travelling solo. The Windermere C&CC (although not at Windermere) is great, there is even a small country pub on site serving food. Also stayed at the Southport CC site, from which you can walk into the town for your Xmas lunch. We have always catered in the MH as most places charge an arm and a leg for Xmas day. Having an elderly mother who doesn't eat a lot makes this a better option. Also we like the challenge of a full 4 course traditional meal cooked with less facilities than available at home.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We're leaving son home alone (he is 32!) and spending pre-Christmas at Baltic Wharf, Bristol for the last time before it closes.

We realised that we were half-way to Cornwall so we're booked into Ayr Holiday Park for Christmas week, overlooking St Ives, Cornwall and only a 10 minute walk into the town.

Too soon to come home so then on to Looe for New Year which, by all accounts, hosts an amazing fancy dress street party and firework show.

That should round off a pretty 'unusual' year nicely (y)

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Mud Island, nr Mudchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
We are trying to decide what to do good weather make life easy just go away but bad will be stuck however dont want to go away and get stuck

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We are trying to decide what to do good weather make life easy just go away but bad will be stuck however dont want to go away and get stuck

As long as you get to where you are going before you get stuck, then you can just hunker-down under the duvet, put the fire on, make a hot chocolate topped up with brandy and enjoy the snow-covered vista ;)

Reactions: kcy

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008

1. Broken Link Removed

Best wishes ...... Robin
    1 person likes this.

We would be interested in this meet, not too far away from us either!!

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Try the C&CC site at Ravenglass.
We went for New Year and the Wardens were really helpful and friendly.
They even put on a free BBQ on New Years Eve with local produce and it was terrific.
People had been there since before Christmas as their caravans and MHs were decked out with lights etc.
The village is friendly and has a few watering holes to choose from and they all do food.
The narrow gauge railway takes you for a trip to Eskdale, and again there is a choice of welcoming pubs, all doing food.
There are also lovely walks in the woods, Roman ruins and Muncaster Castle and Estate, all within walking distance.
We would go back again at the drop of a hat, but circumstance dictates otherwise this year.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We're leaving son home alone (he is 32!) and spending pre-Christmas at Baltic Wharf, Bristol for the last time before it closes.

We realised that we were half-way to Cornwall so we're booked into Ayr Holiday Park for Christmas week, overlooking St Ives, Cornwall and only a 10 minute walk into the town.

Too soon to come home so then on to Looe for New Year which, by all accounts, hosts an amazing fancy dress street party and firework show.

That should round off a pretty 'unusual' year nicely (y)

Ayr is a nice site - great views.

I found the hill up from the town a bit of a challenge though especially with BOB ( beers on board):)

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
Dover-Calais Wednesday 1st October . Plan is not to return till after Christmas .
Apart from turning right at Calais & following the Atlantic coast we have no definite destination or route plan whatsoever .
Thought we might be in Portugal around Christmas time.
Never been over the channel in our van before so we will be making it up as we go along.
We will be keeping an eye open for Funster badges of course:D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back