Christmas in the van

sally47

Funster
We can't go abroad this year for Christmas so would like what those that go away for Christmas and new year do or go when staying in this country are their any rallies on or do you go to club sites I know it's a bit early but it's creeping up

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Ive always wanted to go away at Christmas but Jo is very much a home bird at that time of the year:rolleyes:
brian and jo

calion

Free Member
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
We have been to a club site for New Year and a commercial site for Christmas. Often the club sites will erect a marquee and arrange some social activities, quizzes or bingo or something completely different! We only did it as we never see any family, so its not really a special time for us and we just wanted to get away from all the hype! I probably would do it again.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
MH
Coach Build
Exp
Me too, I want to put the time to good use and go away. I really fancy being all cozy inside over winter and looking at some incredible views, but Di wants to spend an hour with her boys on Christmas Day

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
MH
Concorde Concerto A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Many of the CC club sites which hold Christmas Rallies will be be pretty well booked up by now. You will also find that many DA Christmas meets within the C&CC stipulate that you must have attended a number of weekend rallies earlier in the year to be eligible for their Christmas rallies.

Zains Pops

Funster
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better

1. meandersFunster - Life Member
    Two years ago we joined an informal New Year Rally in Butley Village Hall with some local tuggers and a handful of Funsters and I think a good time was had by all. :winky:

We are looking at running it again this this year from Tuesday 30th December to Sunday 4th January, but since the hall has been partially refurbished, costs have increased and the the whole thing will be about £50 including camping and use of the hall throughout, plus all entertainment. The break-even point is therefore about 15 units after which the cost will drop.

If you are interested, please post here, or PM us. If we can get to the 15 definitely interested, it will run. A small deposit will be requested later in the summer as we will have to pay a deposit to the hall and the NYE entertainment.

The hall has had the kitchen completely refitted, is now better insulated and heated, and double gazing has been installed, so we will should not need the vacuum squeegees this year. ::bigsmile:

Best wishes ...... Robin
    meanders, May 10, 2014Report
    #1LikeMulti-QuoteQuote
    1 person likes this.

This rally is on for New Year, we are joining this group for the New Year as far as I know there are still places available. I am sure you will be welcome.

RS_rob

Funster
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Hoping to spend Christmas day @ home as its a ritual now get up crack open a beer cook breakfast, have family round, drink more & cook a full on dinner followed by the evening of reflecting on how much food just went in the bin whilst drinking my extremely expensive whisky.

New Years im available & want to get away for a change....................................

RS_rob

Funster
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................

1. meandersFunster - Life Member
    Two years ago we joined an informal New Year Rally in Butley Village Hall with some local tuggers and a handful of Funsters and I think a good time was had by all. :winky:

We are looking at running it again this this year from Tuesday 30th December to Sunday 4th January, but since the hall has been partially refurbished, costs have increased and the the whole thing will be about £50 including camping and use of the hall throughout, plus all entertainment. The break-even point is therefore about 15 units after which the cost will drop.

If you are interested, please post here, or PM us. If we can get to the 15 definitely interested, it will run. A small deposit will be requested later in the summer as we will have to pay a deposit to the hall and the NYE entertainment.

The hall has had the kitchen completely refitted, is now better insulated and heated, and double gazing has been installed, so we will should not need the vacuum squeegees this year. ::bigsmile:

Best wishes ...... Robin
    meanders, May 10, 2014Report
    #1LikeMulti-QuoteQuote
    1 person likes this.

This rally is on for New Year, we are joining this group for the New Year as far as I know there are still places available. I am sure you will be welcome.
just copy the link next time :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
MH
N +B Arto 79le
Exp
I'm an oldbie
We've hosted new year rallies for the paSt 3 years the laSt two at Uttoxeter races...

This year we have no plans whatsoever...

Ralph-n-Bev

Funster
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009
Christmas at home. New year were off to Scotland a town called Moffat spending New Year's Eve in a restaurant /bar called Brodies .

kcy

Funster
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Ive always wanted to go away at Christmas but Jo is very much a home bird at that time of the year:rolleyes:
brian and jo
I love spending Christmas here with my children and panto in bridlington with grandchildren, but Steve wants to go to the algarve so this year instead of going in January I said I'd go Dec as a one off, you never know I might enjoy it.

jonandshell

Free Member
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We have both managed to book Christmas and New Year off for the first time ever in our working lives.
We'll be heading for a guaranteed white Christmas in the Alps!

No over eating, no vegging in front of the TV, just great views and fresh air!

Can't wait!

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
MH
Autocruise Alto PVC
Exp
Since 1996
Have had both Christmas and new year away in previous years. I tend to use club sites because they are cheaper when travelling solo. The Windermere C&CC (although not at Windermere) is great, there is even a small country pub on site serving food. Also stayed at the Southport CC site, from which you can walk into the town for your Xmas lunch. We have always catered in the MH as most places charge an arm and a leg for Xmas day. Having an elderly mother who doesn't eat a lot makes this a better option. Also we like the challenge of a full 4 course traditional meal cooked with less facilities than available at home.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We're leaving son home alone (he is 32!) and spending pre-Christmas at Baltic Wharf, Bristol for the last time before it closes.

We realised that we were half-way to Cornwall so we're booked into Ayr Holiday Park for Christmas week, overlooking St Ives, Cornwall and only a 10 minute walk into the town.

Too soon to come home so then on to Looe for New Year which, by all accounts, hosts an amazing fancy dress street party and firework show.

That should round off a pretty 'unusual' year nicely (y)

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
We are trying to decide what to do good weather make life easy just go away but bad will be stuck however dont want to go away and get stuck

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services