LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Mark and Mindy, where in the lakes? Most places allow dogs too.
Great Langdale NT Campsite - the issue for us is that Poppy is recovering from her cruciate ligament op and so will only be able to do 2 short walks a day (on lead) while Harry is his usual bouncy self - acting like a puppy although he's now 5 - and Poppy is fear aggressive and its just not worth the level of stress it lays on us when we want to eat out and one of our dogs is foaming at the mouth and trying to tear every other dog to shreds.
She's always muzzled when away from home/van, but we keep coming across those people who say "but my dog's friendly", good for you, but mine isn't! She loves Harry and they do everything together including sleeping in the same bed but she can't read dog body language and will try to get in first with strange dogs.

philsil1304

Free Member
May 6, 2010
Funster No
We went to Sandringham c&m site last year, get there early if you want to see the Royals, it gets very busy, great atmosphere, there is plenty of parking for motorhomes. Merry xmas
Have the Royals done a Dick Strawbridge and converted a Stare Coach?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2019
West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Clubman
Exp
Since Nov 2018
Staying at an adults only, dog friendly site on the outskirts of Wells, Somerset for the Christmas week, then off to Love2Stay near Shrewsbury for 2 nights visiting family. Our first taste of Christmas in a motorhome! Hoping to walk into Wells with the dogs on Christmas Eve and again on Boxing Day to find a welcoming pub or cafe. No decorations for us though, the artificial tree we put up each year at home won’t fit! Merry Christmas everyone!

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We’re on our seventh winter and Christmas in the van but somewhere a little warmer than the UK ???

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Nope, The Grand Mundo at Puerto de Mazzaron:

mazarron a beautiful place have fun

Oct 21, 2019
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Begun travelling the road in our first van in 2013
We're off to Germany for Christmas, departing 20th, got a hotel restaurant booked for the 25th (evening) in Rothenburg en de Taub to have a break from van cuisine, then we are heading south towards Schwangau to visit the Neuschwanstein Castle, slowly filtering back up through Luxembourg towards Coquelles for the shuttle home on 3rd Jan. All weather dependant upon where we end up but that's all just part of the fun :) And yup, there's dec's in the Moho :xgrin:

Dec 4, 2019
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
on my sisters drive in the van and then yorkshire and all over wales 16 nights!
definitely decorations

Apr 28, 2019
Herne Bay Kent CT65HT
Funster No
MH
charisma 11 A class.
Exp
since 1972
We are going back to IOW for a couple of weeks to the house we rent out to my sister. We will be staying in the van on the drive, whilst everyone else, our daughters included stay in the house. Personally I like my own space.
But looking forward to a big family Christmas :xThumb:
I/m there too ,,staying at "Waverley Park" East Cowes in my" Charisma".

Apr 28, 2019
Herne Bay Kent CT65HT
Funster No
MH
charisma 11 A class.
Exp
since 1972
We are going back to IOW for a couple of weeks to the house we rent out to my sister. We will be staying in the van on the drive, whilst everyone else, our daughters included stay in the house. Personally I like my own space.
But looking forward to a big family Christmas :xThumb:

Attachments

• IMG_0371.JPG
    IMG_0371.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 67
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Having finally got our PVC Dee and myself are going to visit family in Norfolk before going onto a CL site still in Norfolk for 4 nights over Christmas.
How many of you will be in your motorhomes etc over Christmas ? And if you are will you having decorations and a tree ?
This will be my 12th christmas in the van. I don't do anything, no decorations or fancy meals. Just enjoy a bit of people free time and no work interruptions.

I do however stock up on Baileys which I love in strong black coffee.

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
We've got the Chunnel booked Christmas Day,,, plan is to drive orf the train, hang a rite, and keep on truckin South.
Probably heave to when we get to the Southern Atlantic Coast of Spain,,, maybe, Rota, Sanluca or Ayamonte.
We'll probably have a late Christmas dinner at St Valerie SurSomme,,, we'll probably light the Vanilla candle (that normally resides in the loo ?) to create come Christmas ambiance???! ???

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Christmas at home with family, then to the Canary Islands for New Year, (not in the m/h).

Second week in January will be m/h time, but no decorations as twelfth night will have passed.

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Last year we spent the New Year at Baltic Wharf Bristol a Caravan Club site. Perfect location for walking or cycling into the city and Bristol is very festive. But on the first of Jan people were bragging on site about having just booked up for the following year's Xmas and New Year even though they had no idea if they were going to go or not! A very silly booking policy I think.
Didn’t think you could book CMCC until new year to make it fair for everybody?
You can’t book on line for 2020?
Think he was telling porkies

nico46

Free Member
May 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 634
Exp
First year in the m/h, going to Aysgarth for 3 days :xThumb: got xmas dinner ready to pick up from Booths, van trimmed up with LED lights and a real tree about 9 inches tall (ooo er)

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
First year in the m/h, going to Aysgarth for 3 days :xThumb: got xmas dinner ready to pick up from Booths, van trimmed up with LED lights and a real tree about 9 inches tall (ooo er)
Love Booths, Dee thinks it’s a Northern Waitrose ?

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Didn’t think you could book CMCC until new year to make it fair for everybody?
You can’t book on line for 2020?
Think he was telling porkies
I don’t know when they started, but C&CC do ‘member exclusive early bookings’. I got a notification yesterday asking me if I wanted to beat the rush.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
We're off to Germany for Christmas, departing 20th, got a hotel restaurant booked for the 25th (evening) in Rothenburg en de Taub to have a break from van cuisine, then we are heading south towards Schwangau to visit the Neuschwanstein Castle, slowly filtering back up through Luxembourg towards Coquelles for the shuttle home on 3rd Jan. All weather dependant upon where we end up but that's all just part of the fun :) And yup, there's dec's in the Moho :xgrin:
May I ask where you are staying? (Aire or campsite?) also which Hotel are you dining out, we normally use the Glocke un Weingut when we go there through the year (usually twice) but they close over the Xmas period, and is something we might be interested in doing next year? Thanks

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
Christmas day with relatives eat drink and being merry, on the train boxing day heading South to Spain Camping Playa Tropicana Castellón. This will be our first time in our van seeking winter sun, cant wait.

I have allowed 3 days if we can do it quicker all the better

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
This will be my 12th christmas in the van. I don't do anything, no decorations or fancy meals. Just enjoy a bit of people free time and no work interruptions.

I do however stock up on Baileys which I love in strong black coffee.

Karl you should meet up with Sue Theonlysue she has Baileys in her coffee for breakfast, ? her excuse was she didn't have any milk. ? Bob.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Karl you should meet up with Sue Theonlysue she has Baileys in her coffee for breakfast, ? her excuse was she didn't have any milk. ? Bob.
I drink between 8-12 cups a day and over christmas all of them get Baileys in it even the one after I just got up.

I normally drink my coffee black and strong without sugar.

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Off to Swanage and a fully serviced pitch for Christmas then on to Cornwall to see in the New Year with the SWP Motorcaravaners Club in our NEW VAN :xgrin::xshout::xThumb::xgrin:. Taking Christmas Dinner, a few twinkly lights, a few bottles of plonk :xwink: and various festive foodstuffs to see us through. Have told Santa where to find us :xgrin::xgrin::xgrin::xgrin:

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
We will be travelling up in MH to Castleton, Hope Valley on Xmas day to see family then on to Nantwich to see our daughter. Hope to have some decorations with small Xmas tree on dashboard when on site. Grrrr... Living the dream SMUDGER55

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back