Christmas in the Van (1 Viewer)

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Having finally got our PVC Dee and myself are going to visit family in Norfolk before going onto a CL site still in Norfolk for 4 nights over Christmas.
How many of you will be in your motorhomes etc over Christmas ? And if you are will you having decorations and a tree ?

May 23, 2019
Norfolkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano
Exp
Since 2019
Not this year, but planning on doing it next year, somewhere in the UK.
I'd have no decs but no way Mrs Pops would let me get away with that :xwink:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We're hoping to be at a lovely Chinese restaurant in Spain stuffing ourselves silly with an 'all you can eat' meal at €10,50 each! We did it for the first time last year and loved it so that's where we want to be again ... we leaving on Sunday and we can already 'taste' the lovely grub! :p

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
We’re off to Salisbury for a few nights, including Christmas, and will be taking some lights & decs (but mainly food and drink!)

???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sucoz

Free Member
Oct 28, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
‘A’ Class
Exp
since 2011
We are going back to IOW for a couple of weeks to the house we rent out to my sister. We will be staying in the van on the drive, whilst everyone else, our daughters included stay in the house. Personally I like my own space.
But looking forward to a big family Christmas :xThumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Minxy Girl
Not the Mandarin wok ?
Nope, The Grand Mundo at Puerto de Mazzaron:

Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
We went to Sandringham c&m site last year, get there early if you want to see the Royals, it gets very busy, great atmosphere, there is plenty of parking for motorhomes. Merry xmas

Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
Calpe, Spain for Christmas in van. Been to Lidl’s got the decorations and putting them up tomorrow. Christmas dinner is another issue. Weather on the up so what else do you need ???

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
This will be my third Christmas away in the van and I intend it to be my tradition from now on.

The last two years have been spent having Christmas dinner at a local inn, but I’ve decided to cook my own this year.

I have a small LED Christmas tree, but that’s as far as my decorations go.

Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Were not sure where we will be probably in Mojacar. I started looking for a little tree for the van. Know idea where we will have xmas dinner bit late to book.
May hold out for the 6th Jan and celebrate then

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Christmas lunch will be care of our other new toy a Romoska, which we have cooked beef and chicken and it cooks to perfection

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Christmas lunch will be care of our other new toy a Romoska, which we have cooked beef and chicken and it cooks to perfection
Try a gammon joint ... the crackling on it is fantastic! :giggle:

The Simpsons

Free Member
Jul 29, 2019
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie ex caravan
We are having xmas morning with the kids and grandchildren then hitting the road for 4 nights. No decorations just us.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
We will be visiting family in North Yorkshire then heading on up to Northumberland and Durham. will be away for about a week. I have a small tree which sits on the dashboard in our PVC.

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
We have spent Xmas in the van for the last 5 years. Tend to book up close to cities, ie York x 3, Bristol x 1 and lakes x 1. Much prefer the cities as it reopens on boxing day where as the lakes seems to close down For a couple of days.

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
We will be away in our van for at least two weeks either side of Christmas Day. No idea where we'll be for the big day but most likely beside a beach, lake or river somewhere near the bottom of the South Island of NZ. Most years we have to evacuate our house at Christmas and leave it for visitors from overseas who have done house exchanges with us earlier in the year. This time it's a couple from Sardinia. They will be followed in January/Febreuary by a couple from Winchester. Having the motorhome to use as an escape route is very convenient and allows us to do non-simultaneous house exchanges.
As for decorations - the best I can do is a bit of tinsel on the dashboard and a sprig of mistletoe over the door. :lips:

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
Nope, The Grand Mundo at Puerto de Mazzaron:

Hi Minxy Girl, if you’re staying a while in the Port there’s a relatively new restaurant opened called Yaho, it’s Asian style, fantastic food. I think it’s 10 euros for a four course menu del dia including drinks. It’s opposite Lidl close to the new shopping area where we now have Aldi and a big new Mercadona which opened this week. Also close by is our new ‘Tesco’.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Last year we spent the New Year at Baltic Wharf Bristol a Caravan Club site. Perfect location for walking or cycling into the city and Bristol is very festive. But on the first of Jan people were bragging on site about having just booked up for the following year's Xmas and New Year even though they had no idea if they were going to go or not! A very silly booking policy I think.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
We are using ours to visit family and friends between Christmas and new year. So starting Boxing Day we have the meccas of the north Dewsbury, Middlesbrough, and York.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We will be either in Calpe or the Alps, have not quite made up our mind yet.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
We have spent Xmas in the van for the last 5 years. Tend to book up close to cities, ie York x 3, Bristol x 1 and lakes x 1. Much prefer the cities as it reopens on boxing day where as the lakes seems to close down For a couple of days.

Yes, that’s why we picked Salisbury site as it’s a walk into the city centre (making sure that we don’t pick up any ‘perfume bottles’ on the way......!)

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
We'll be in the Lake District for a few nights, but no decorations for us!
Really looking forward to it, the terrier and I will be able to potter along for her 2 x 20 min walks a day and then hang out in the van together while Mark and the schnoodle do the longer walks.
I also foresee some pub time as there's no problem leaving both dogs in the van together.
Our son is heading to Poland with his girlfriend as her Mother is Polish so we have no reason to be at home.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back