Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Anyone on here manage to get away from it all over xmas? Where do you all go? We fancy getting away for a few days. Any good campsites or pub car parks that can take a tag axle? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The only thing we are getting away from this Christmas is peace and quiet.
We have two Rugrats (not so little) to entertain and a Goldie to exercise on the IOW whilst being fed and watered by Daughter and SIL.
It's a hard life but someones got to do it.
Roll on France, Spain and possibly Portugal in February. 2019.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Wild camping around Wales, planning on Christmas Day overlooking the sea on a wild beach somewhere, probably the west coast around Abereiddy, Porthgain, that sort of area for the big day.

Planning it all now, using google earth to find the sites etc:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
If I can pursuade SWMBO to go away in the winter months, I fancy going to the Yorkshire Dales and/or the Lake District between Christmas and the New Year. Wish me luck with my negotiations!

533E92D9-3BDE-4A61-9F16-6EDC3570F267.gif

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
If I can pursuade SWMBO to go away in the winter months, I fancy going to the Yorkshire Dales and/or the Lake District between Christmas and the New Year. Wish me luck with my negotiations!

View attachment 190778

Tell here it is your Christmas Present

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We spent 2 Christmasses at Ayr Holiday Park in St Ives but, as said in another thread, we wouldn't go there again.

Loved every minute of being away from the hullaballoo though :)

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
We are going to Cosawes Park near Falmouth for 3 weeks over Christmas then a week at Moreton in Marsh CMClub site for a week on the way back home. Have been before , nice & quiet but handy for Falmouth and Truro etc for days out.
Cheers, Dave(y)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Anyone else planning to escape over Xmas ???? There must be more than 3/4 of you surely ????
(I know "Dont call me surely" before anyone else says it:))

Hope you all have a fantastic escape and enjoy yourselves immensely!

Best wishes
TinaL & Les

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
We are off to the New Forest to stop over at Setthorns again. Xmas day morning with our youngest then over to the forest til 27th.
Then no firm plans, just cruisin' and BritStoppin'.(y););)

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
Going to Conkers CCC site, awning up, phones off, wine opened and relax !!

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Going to Conkers CCC site, awning up, phones off, wine opened and relax !!
We live about half a mile away. Hope you have a good visit. Plenty of walking / cycling about, in fact ridden along the rear of it tonight. Quite a few on

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
As we are now 'home'less its a four day super posh hotel break at some stately hall near Leeds for us....costing a kings bloody ransom.
Our first Christmas in 17 years without having to accommodate the late M.I.L so pushing the boat out.

Lunch instead of dinner, dinner instead of tea, best Bib and Tucker daytime dress and DJ/black tie dinner/dance on boxing day.

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Going to Kingfisher Camp Site in Gosport for Christmas but will be having Christmas/boxing day dinner at the daughters 2 miles up the road, this allows us to escape when it all gets a bit noisy and busy. Not sure about New Year yet but will probably move on to the C&CC site in Devizes.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Malaga hopefully with no sign of an xmas tree
Hi Lawry, any particular place in mind for Malaga, looked on google earth at a few, reviews are mixed for most as usual. Are you driving all the way? or taking ferry?

Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning šŸ˜Š
We were planning on days out in the new campervan until yesterday morning, when a phone call from mother-in-law started with the words ā€œIs the invitation to come for Christmas still openā€?

Well, what can you say? The ā€˜invitationā€™ had been ā€œdo you want to come up to the Lakes for a visit BEFORE Christmasā€ because she always, always, always spends the holiday with her daughter!!

At 85 and not terribly healthy there might not be many more Christmasā€™s when she can visit, so cancel my idea of Christmas lunch in the van at Wastwater and back to the traditional stuff ...... ;)

lawry

Free Member
Jun 25, 2017
MERTHYR TYDFIL
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840se
Exp
8 years
Hi Lawry, any particular place in mind for Malaga, looked on google earth at a few, reviews are mixed for most as usual. Are you driving all the way? or taking ferry?
No place in mind at present and will not book due to so many contrasting views as you said .Ferry from Pompey. Driving St Malo-Benicarlo first and have booked for 3 weeks just to get our feet under the table so to speak Keep an eye on Motorhome fun pestering everyone who will talk to me for advice if nec and even perhaps meet up
Will just make our way down coast over next 5 months or even move inland as I have taken note on here Spain not a Polo mint

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
Staying at home, my daughters 30 and 28 have never not been with us on the day, now with grandchildren, it will end one day, but they insist on the tradition.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back