Christmas Day... the best day of the year for... (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Well in our house, as soon as everything was started, Turkey in the oven, veg warming up and before anyone arrived, I had to rush off to hospital with an irregular heart beat. Phoned family to let them know, but they could not find a door key, so off we went, leaving the door unlocked and the food cooking.
Around this point messages to various family members got mixed up and a degree of falling out took place. After being given treatment and already seeing photos of some of the family getting sloshed in our kitchen. We got home, late but not too late. Son-in-law who dropped everything to save the day for us suddenly came down with severe flu symptoms and struggled to drive some of the people home, while others did not come thinking I might be too ill to cope.
With more food and drink left over than the average large restaurant, we have been reading blogs from friends touring with their vans in warm places. We are somewhat green with envy. Will be with you next year!

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Well in our house, as soon as everything was started, Turkey in the oven, veg warming up and before anyone arrived, I had to rush off to hospital with an irregular heart beat. Phoned family to let them know, but they could not find a door key, so off we went, leaving the door unlocked and the food cooking.
Around this point messages to various family members got mixed up and a degree of falling out took place. After being given treatment and already seeing photos of some of the family getting sloshed in our kitchen. We got home, late but not too late. Son-in-law who dropped everything to save the day for us suddenly came down with severe flu symptoms and struggled to drive some of the people home, while others did not come thinking I might be too ill to cope.
With more food and drink left over than the average large restaurant, we have been reading blogs from friends touring with their vans in warm places. We are somewhat green with envy. Will be with you next year!
Crumbs, that was an eventful day to say the least. I hope you are fully recovered now and the son in law.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
I feel your pain.....I have had a stomach bug since Dec 23/12 and husband has been suffering with stiff neck/ trapped nerve in shoulder since November, but between us we still managed a decent day. Hey ho! Such is life. Enjoy your left overs for the next few months!! Keep well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
i was a bit luckier i got my wife back from hospital on xmas eve after a brain bleed, as you can imagine it has been a very quiet xmas but still the best one i have ever had now for the long haul back to normality

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Wow Alan, hope you are OK - all sounds rather too eventful.

I've been suffering with a dose of man-flu since 23 December, so a quiet time at home (apart from constant coughing:xdoh:).

Know exactly what you mean about being in warmer climes...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I hope anyone who has had an eventful Christmas for all the wrong reasons is now on the road to recovery.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
i was a bit luckier i got my wife back from hospital on xmas eve after a brain bleed, as you can imagine it has been a very quiet xmas but still the best one i have ever had now for the long haul back to normality

I hope your lovely wife is on the road to recovery and stays on it. Being together after such a scare must have made it extra special. Keep strong both of you. :xThumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back