Chomping at the bit. (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
bloody typical! getting the van ready for getaway tomorrow and the water pump has packed up.leaking all over the place. replacement should be here today but just a question for anyone who has fitted one recently, are the screw fittings either side for the filter etc. supposed to have any washers or O rings to seal or is it just face to face plastic?
Thanks
C
its a Shurflo 7 20psi)

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
bloody typical, getting the van ready for getaway tomorrow and the bloody water pump has packed up, leaking all over the place.
replacement should be here today but a question for anyone who has fitted one recently, do the screw fittings either side have washers or O rings to seal or is it just face to face plastic? there didnt seem to be anything in old one but i know they can break up.
its a shurflo 7 20 psi.
cheers
C

OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
bloody typical, getting the van ready for getaway tomorrow and the bloody water pump has packed up, leaking all over the place.
replacement should be here today but a question for anyone who has fitted one recently, do the screw fittings either side have washers or O rings to seal or is it just face to face plastic? there didnt seem to be anything in old one but i know they can break up.
its a shurflo 7 20 psi.
cheers
C
Oh dear, that’s a bummer. Sorry I can’t help with the technical side. Hope it gets sorted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
bloody typical! getting the van ready for getaway tomorrow and the water pump has packed up.leaking all over the place. replacement should be here today but just a question for anyone who has fitted one recently, are the screw fittings either side for the filter etc. supposed to have any washers or O rings to seal or is it just face to face plastic?
Thanks
C
its a Shurflo 7 20psi)
Took mine out Saturday as was weeping. Mine had a screw threaded fitting either end and they contained a rubber washer.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
its a shurflo 7 20 psi.
cheers
C
The mountings often have a very thick rubber mount to reduce vibration. They would be supplied with the new pump.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
could book in at lymington today at 2pm left at 10.30 plenty of time for a stop on way got 2 miles from home hit a traffic jam crawled along at 4 mph for 6 miles when we reached a duel carriage way saw hold up a pair of black horses pulling a hearse made it onto m25 got to clackers services every thing at a stop went in services had lunch and a cup of tea came out and traffic started moving following to TomTom it took us a different way through new forest before I realised I had TomTom set to car but a very peles that trip and mich quicker than main roads been an eventful day but good to be away again.

Jun 4, 2010
Funster No
Good morning,

Taking the old gall out today, getting her tidied up a bit , appointment at the hairdressers at 2 pm for her

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Good morning,

Taking the old gall out today, getting her tidied up a bit , appointment at the hairdressers at 2 pm for her
I thought at first you were talking about the van....but I now think you're talking about your wife...unless your van needs a haircut 🤣

Jun 4, 2010
Funster No
I thought at first you were talking about the van....but I now think you're talking about your wife...unless your van needs a haircut 🤣

Yep, getting the roots done etc

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Yep, getting the roots done etc
Nope....none the wiser...is "roots" a euphemism for wiring on van, perhaps? I'm an Essex girl, you'll have to make it simple for me 🤣🤣

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
You probably know but beware of parking charges at the services! If you do have to pay, Gloucester services are lovely and almost worth the money 😀
We did make it, albeit very late. A dozen or so leisure vehicles in there. Cost £23 for the night which included a £5 voucher for the restaurants.
The place is spotless, inside and out. No potholes to dodge as you drive around.
Only thing though, the breakfast bap we had the next morning left more than a bit to be desired. Very poor and I have had many better, and cheaper, from other sites. Coffee was nice though. Two baps and two coffees was £10.60 after the voucher was deducted. The farm shop is expensive but has some really nice quality products in there.
Safe travels 👍

Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
We are off to the Forest of Dean next weekend with our new van armed with all the manuals. Already had a bash at tuning in the Pioneer radio and accidentally changed the language to Russian! Is it me or are these things more complicated than they need to be!!
Then off to Cornwall for a week on the 8th May.

Can’t wait to get away😀😀😀

Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Be looking out for you all heading this way!
Took my wife out for a tea and biscuits this afternoon, she enjoyed it, wasn't so keen on giving the blood though!
Safe travels down this way to all and switch in to Cornish mode as soon as you cross the Tamar, no worries, no pressure, no aggression just relax. Remember we do randomly stop and let each other out at junctions and give way to Tractors!

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Here
Be looking out for you all heading this way!
Took my wife out for a tea and biscuits this afternoon, she enjoyed it, wasn't so keen on giving the blood though!
Safe travels down this way to all and switch in to Cornish mode as soon as you cross the Tamar, no worries, no pressure, no aggression just relax. Remember we do randomly stop and let each other out at junctions and give way to Tractors!
Here now near Tintagel. Simply beautiful. We never tire of coming to the South West. It is always a pleasure. I had my first Cornish Pasty since last year today. Never bother with them unless in Cornwall. It just seems wrong......
Safe travels all.

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
Thanks for the replies, didn't have much time to update as the pump didn't arrive till Sunday evening but turned out to be a simple swap. These are no washers supplied so just hand tightened and all ok. Now realise it must have been on its way out for a long time. Primes in no time now.
Now relaxing in the sunshine in the New forest😁
Happy days. Good to be out again!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back