Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Same as you Scally
IF it rained and the ground got a bit soggy I find it easier to put the anti slip mats ((Cut off of old bread basket ) in front and drive off just my way

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i drive on, seen some serious damage caused by reversing over the end and the ramps flipping up and taking a huge chunk out of a front bumper ( in laws Auotrail ).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Do I presume when you reverse on you mean on to your rear axle not front? I would not fancy a quick getaway that involved driving the rear wheels over my ramps!! I always try to adjust the front as we have a twin rear axle and I am not sure whether to raise just one of the wheels or try to put the ramp under both (we have four wheels on single rear axle, not tandem). I would chose to drive forwards on but could reverse front axle on as we have plenty of clearance

I also don't get this quick exit business, I rank it in with gassing (urban myth) IMHO, do you disconnect the electrics as well before you go to bed and I have to presume you don't use an external windscreen cover :Eeek:

David

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Well! being a Cornish/Kiwi and #1 All Black Supporter, I lift the front by the Bumper and Mrs R slips the Ramps in under, sometimes she even uses one of her loaves of bread she bakes, sometimes her handbag, horses for courses!:thumb:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Some people love to live on the edge.... Regarding their choice of block material. And PRINTING IT ON HERE !!!
Tea Bag
PS Glad i didn't print that !!:winky::winky:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi.
Some people love to live on the edge.... Regarding their choice of block material. And PRINTING IT ON HERE !!!
Tea Bag
PS Glad i didn't print that !!:winky::winky:

if you mean this...((Cut off of old bread basket ) then i dont see a problem posting it.

i acquired four trays from a school kitchen i was working at (with permission) and by the time i cut off all four sides there was no identification as to the bakery left.

no name...no claim.

OP
OP
Gunner29

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
i drive on, seen some serious damage caused by reversing over the end and the ramps flipping up and taking a huge chunk out of a front bumper ( in laws Auotrail ).

My wife is a much better driver than me so I do the directing So far so good

OP
OP
Gunner29

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
skip

I found the bread tray in a skip so I think I am re-cycling not nicking.
I don't really care which way you do it I just thought I'd put it on and see how the thread progressed.
On an Aire/wild camping I rarely use ramps, always leave the windscreen clear and have the keys handy Just in case.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back