Free Member
May 23, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
2 years with a campervan; saw the light, now mortorhome newbie
Ok, so, back in July I made the very bad decision to use our almost-new Thule ramps to level up our van on a grass pitch. Of course, it was not level, so there was a sickening crack, and one of the ramps is now splintered in two places :-( :-( :-( :-(

I've toyed with the idea of aralditing the ramp - it seems like a hell of a lot of money to lose - but I'm thinking better of it now and I'm looking to invest in a new pair.

Does anyone have any hints or tips as to which kind are the best, points to watch out for and whether there are any good deals to be had?

Rolly is a Dethleffs Esprit, 24ft long, MTPLM 3,900kg.

Many thanks

Heather

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
I have a brand new never used set in the garage - i was sold them by a shop who obviously just wanted a sale, they are too big for our van conversion, we only need a small pair - these are in a case too !

OP
OP
wellsprungalice

wellsprungalice

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Ooer, Toxic Clown, I shall message you!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
(n)
Ok, so, back in July I made the very bad decision to use our almost-new Thule ramps to level up our van on a grass pitch. Of course, it was not level, so there was a sickening crack, and one of the ramps is now splintered in two places :-( :-( :-( :-(

I've toyed with the idea of aralditing the ramp - it seems like a hell of a lot of money to lose - but I'm thinking better of it now and I'm looking to invest in a new pair.

Does anyone have any hints or tips as to which kind are the best, points to watch out for and whether there are any good deals to be had?

Rolly is a Dethleffs Esprit, 24ft long, MTPLM 3,900kg.

Many thanks

Heather
Why was it a bad decision? That's what ramps are for. I'd return them as 'not fit for purpose' and ask for a refund.(n)

OP
OP
wellsprungalice

wellsprungalice

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Good idea to query why it split. I've sent an email to Thule customer service and I will report back.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
chocks 20-08-2014 12-50-03.JPG

OP
OP
wellsprungalice

wellsprungalice

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Just to say, Thule customer service are on the case. They asked for my invoice and a pic of the ramp that's split, and we will see what happens next. :)

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Not interested in those very shiny unused ramps or those equally shiny walking boots that Toxic Clown has photo posted, how about a bit of fun this Sunday evening. Let's play Guess the Photo competition, well in this case part of the photo. Who can guess what is between the shiny walking boots and the Red fiamma bag. That's providing Toxic clown is happy to do so, fun only, no prizes or gifts of any kind. I'll start the ball rolling with my Guess. Removed Bump stops when Air suspension was retro fitted.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back