Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Lady Margarets Park to Pembry Country Park.
27ft fifth wheel.
which is the better (easier-flater, less twisty) route please?
The section which concerns us is down from Newtown to Buith Wells.
A 483
or
A489 & A470.

Ta

Goshawk

Free Member
Mar 2, 2014
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
mmm, if you take either route you are bound to have bends in any Welsh road, if it was me i would take the direct route, remember that they are both good roads, buses trucks etc use them, sorry doesnt seem to help, but no one easy route, i dont think:)

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
It's farm country, they take lorries and even the odd bus down the A483. If I remember the road correctly, it's only the 'top half mile' is the worse bit.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Due to the ViaMichelin site showing the section of A483 in question as being full of bend warnings, we ended up doing A489 then A470. What a beautiful route. Stunning scenery, light traffic and even in the odd twisty section or two, it tended to be more sweeping bends where 40 to 45 mph was perfectly safe. A lovely route that I would definitely do again.
Now safely ensconced on Pembry Country Park C.C site enjoying the first glass of nectar whilst planning lots of cycling on all the tracks round here. :) Hic:D

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Now safely ensconced on Pembry Country Park C.C site enjoying the first glass of nectar whilst planning lots of cycling on all the tracks round here.
Enjoy the area, if you are on the cycle track towards Llanelli I can recommend a break in the Pavilion Cafe in Pwll, on the cricket ground. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back