Wheelie

Free Member
Sep 26, 2009
Whitehill Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
2nd year
Has anyone else had problems fitting a chip to a D40 08 model Navara or is it just mine, it just wont work! keeps going into safe mode, any ideas?

Cheers

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
no i got rid of the nissan bought an isuzu, but ask Zaskar im sure he said he had his chipped

Last edited:

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
have a lok on knackerd navara.com

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bashers

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
3! Been boating for years. Now just bought an RV
that's not good news

neither is the fuel consumption. tis why i got rid of mine

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Has anyone else had problems fitting a chip to a D40 08 model Navara or is it just mine, it just wont work! keeps going into safe mode, any ideas?

Cheers

For chipping the Nav, DONT use any other chip than the D.T.E system.
MOST of the others plug into the fuel pressure sensor on the end of the rail and it is thought to be this simple fact that causes most of the other chips to throw Nav's into limp mode, sespecially when towing a 5ver and under heavy load.
The DTE system plugs onto each individual injector and is a much more soffisticated system with no reports of failure/limp mode.

BEWARE.

The unit is infinately re-settable for various power bands depending on your personal requirements.
It comes factory default at Map 1, + 0 % and this will give plenty of power.
I, being the pillock i am, decided to have a tinker! Most of the lads on Nissan-Navara.net • Portal who are running autos have resett thiers to Map 4, +20% so I did the same.
Solo, the power is ABSOLUTELY BONKERS!!!!!!!!!::bigsmile: trouble is, when towing the rig, it would appear (from my mistake) that it causes over fueling at this setting and can cause problems with the D.P.F (Diesel Particulate Filter) as fitted to later model Euro 4 spec engines like mine.

Leave the DTE at it's factory default setting and you wont have any problems.:thumb:

I think they retail at just shy of 400 notes, BUT, if you join (free) the above Navara forum and contact one of the memebers called ABYSS (his name is Andy) he runs the company who sell them in the UK and gives a very good Forum discount.

PS Dont bother frightening yourself by looking at the Knackered Navara web site.
It's about the earlier D22 model Navaras which DID have quite a few problems, not the least of which was a great liking for turning thier own engines inside out!
The later D40 models, which is really what you should be using to tow a 5ver if you go down the Nav route, is a completely different beast. Much stronger and more reliable.
Earlier 06 modesl suffered from halfshafts, and a dodgy new design of clutch.
The halfshafts are now sorted and you dont really wanna tow a fiver with a manual anyway, get an auto.

I LOVE my 08 Auto, my only slight disapointment is the rather low fuel consumption at 25 solo, 16-17 towing a HEAVY Kountrylite 26RL HIGH PROFILE.
Most people who get better consumption with a Jap are either towing MUCH lighter rigs or have the earlier Euro 3 spec engined Navs which with my rig I recon would return approx 29-30 solo and 20 towing.

HTH

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wheelie

Wheelie

Free Member
Sep 26, 2009
Whitehill Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
2nd year
For chipping the Nav, DONT use any other chip than the D.T.E system.
MOST of the others plug into the fuel pressure sensor on the end of the rail and it is thought to be this simple fact that causes most of the other chips to throw Nav's into limp mode, sespecially when towing a 5ver and under heavy load.
The DTE system plugs onto each individual injector and is a much more soffisticated system with no reports of failure/limp mode.

BEWARE.

The unit is infinately re-settable for various power bands depending on your personal requirements.
It comes factory default at Map 1, + 0 % and this will give plenty of power.
I, being the pillock i am, decided to have a tinker! Most of the lads on Nissan-Navara.net • Portal who are running autos have resett thiers to Map 4, +20% so I did the same.
Solo, the power is ABSOLUTELY BONKERS!!!!!!!!!::bigsmile: trouble is, when towing the rig, it would appear (from my mistake) that it causes over fueling at this setting and can cause problems with the D.P.F (Diesel Particulate Filter) as fitted to later model Euro 4 spec engines like mine.

Leave the DTE at it's factory default setting and you wont have any problems.:thumb:

I think they retail at just shy of 400 notes, BUT, if you join (free) the above Navara forum and contact one of the memebers called ABYSS (his name is Andy) he runs the company who sell them in the UK and gives a very good Forum discount.

PS Dont bother frightening yourself by looking at the Knackered Navara web site.
It's about the earlier D22 model Navaras which DID have quite a few problems, not the least of which was a great liking for turning thier own engines inside out!
The later D40 models, which is really what you should be using to tow a 5ver if you go down the Nav route, is a completely different beast. Much stronger and more reliable.
Earlier 06 modesl suffered from halfshafts, and a dodgy new design of clutch.
The halfshafts are now sorted and you dont really wanna tow a fiver with a manual anyway, get an auto.

I LOVE my 08 Auto, my only slight disapointment is the rather low fuel consumption at 25 solo, 16-17 towing a HEAVY Kountrylite 26RL HIGH PROFILE.
Most people who get better consumption with a Jap are either towing MUCH lighter rigs or have the earlier Euro 3 spec engined Navs which with my rig I recon would return approx 29-30 solo and 20 towing.

HTH

Thanks for the info, i have had my navara for 2 years now and its a manual so i wont be changing it for an auto. The chip i have is the type that plugs into the end of the rail, but in saying that i spoke to the guy that supplied it and he thinks there is a fault on it, he is sending me out a new one and if that fails then i will return it a get a DTE chip. I will be towing an xtreme light bunk house model weighing in at 1600kg which i believe is about 750kg lighter than the calder high profiles, so i am hoping that the manual will cope ok, i did take the 5er for a test run with a manual Navara and i didnt find it a problem.

Cheers

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Just dump it and buy a real pick up :thumb::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I tell you what ill do you a straight swap yours for mine and ill chuck in a couple of my kids for good measure

Are they small enough to shove up chimneys??? (they will need to earn their keep!!! :ROFLMAO:)

If they are bit to big for chimneys do you think they will be ok working " downt pit" :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back