enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
Morning Funsters,
I am thinking of buying a Chinese 7" screen Sat Nav and have seen any number on ebay and would appreciate any advice/recomendations you can give.

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
I bought one can't remember which one
Bag of Shite
sent it back
and got a refund

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I've got an Xgody, was £39.95 when I bought it. It works. Been through France with it and had no problems. Bit funky to use but for the price it cannot be faulted. For the price it's worth a go, it you like it, keep it, if not you've only wasted £39.95, not £300.00. Already loaded with a database of everything on the continent and UK, campsites, filling stations, shops etc., and it has a 7" screen, my main reason for buying . I can actually see the screen unlike my old TomTom.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I bought one, it was rubbish.. crap software and clunky, poor screen.. I complained to the ebay seller who refunded without question.. they didn't even want it back .. that's how good they are :rolleyes:

buy a Garmin Camper , it is superb, look for deals on Aldi, I bought mine for £189 ..

Last edited:

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Another vote for xgody, never let me down all over Europe. Better than any previous one it had including, garmin, navtec and sony! I am on my second as first one sold with my previous van. I have recommended it to friends and they have all been completely happy with theirs.

I am buying another in the next few weeks for my new car!

Deleted User
I bought a Hieha 7 inch for less than £50. Good points, the IGO software set to 'bus' and 'easy' is easily the best motorhome guidance I have ever had, certainly beats the Garmin and older snoopers or anything on my iPhone by a mile. The software is clear and informative, co ordinates easy to enter. The negatives, the platform is unstable and requires a little patience, sometimes has to be switched on twice for example, screen poor in bright sunlight and the battery lasts about 10 mins tops so really a 12v unit in practice. Incredible value for the money, however, the unstable platform means I could not recommend it has it would definitely not suit everyone to have to fiddle with the unit when you just want to get underway. I am used to it and love the routing so its a keeper for me.

OP
OP
enery8

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
Thank you Funsters for your help and opinions. It looks like Xgody seem popular so I think I will likely go that way. I already have aging TomTom Go730 but it is a bit difficult to see on the windscreen of our A class so we are looking to replace that. I will still have thee option of taking the TomTom in case/if I dont like the chinese sat nav.

best regards
Bill (enery8)

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I am on our second . The first lasted 3 years and although we thought it was caput and ordered another it is still working . The battery is poor but is always plugged in so not a problem . We always trust it and never put a foot wrong unlike out Navman which takes us down the most useless roads !!

Jan 10, 2011
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Frankia i800 A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Another vote for Xgody, taken us through Netherlands, Germany, France extensively and no problems with Australian, Slovenia and Croatia

OP
OP
enery8

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
thanks spitfire and HobbyHarvey, I am even more encouraged to buy an Xgody 704 with bluetooth and reversing camera seems like a good deal.

thanks again everyone
Bill

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Here's another fan of the Nozatec/Xgody. (y)

I am still using the original Nozatec bought about 4 x years ago, and update my maps at least annually....................but not from the website the manufacturers recommend, as their maps are so out of date. :( The unit has taken us through to southern Spain twice, and through to Slovenia, Isteria, and Croatia.

I load the unit with Truck maps containing the "all important "ftr files". Without these files, entering weights and dimensions for your MH is absolutely pointless. The sellers don't even know what an ftr file is, nor why they are essential for larger vehicles. :doh:

If a facebook member, there is a Nozatec group you can join, where more information and map updates are available.

Good luck @enery8. :)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
We've been using ours(xgody) for 4 years now -never let us down once-easy to use - and never had the slightest problem with it. Don't be put off by some of the negative comments above.
Ian

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years

I am still using the original Nozatec bought about 4 x years ago, and update my maps at least annually....................but not from the website the manufacturers recommend, as their maps are so out of date. :( The unit has taken us through to southern Spain twice, and through to Slovenia, Isteria, and Croatia.

I load the unit with Truck maps containing the "all important "ftr files". Without these files, entering weights and dimensions for your MH is absolutely pointless. The sellers don't even know what an ftr file is, nor why they are essential for larger vehicles. :doh:

If a facebook member, there is a Nozatec group you can join, where more information and map updates are available.

Another user here of the xgody/nozatec , am also in the facebook group you mention Jock.... My unit ,as I found out later , came without the ftr files . Was baffling us with some weird routing despite being set on bus . I joined that FB group and was advised to check for the ftr files . Sure enough not there......Downloaded new maps with the truck files....sorted , works a treat.

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Another vote for the Xgody and more importantly the iGo software...

I paid £70 for a years subscription to copilot on my phone but gave up after a short while and went back to the iGo...

I also have a Tom Tom but only use that in the car, too small a screen for the van..

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I have an xgody. Nothing wrong with it for the money but could never get to terms with it.. For the past two years I have been using the aguri rv700. Used it all over France and Scotland and England in fact every where. Clocked up 6000 miles.. Towns and villages and cities. Super bit of kit never let me down. And being android you can add your favourite apps... No I don't work for them. Just a happy aguri user..

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
I've had a Nozatec/Xgodyfor 4 years now, last year upgraded to the 712 model for the better screen but the old one still travels with us as a backup.

Taken us through Holland, Belgium, Germany, France and Spain, never let us down and never diverted us on to the Peripherique at rush hour, unlike our expensive bl**dy Garmin.

Hymie.

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Can anyone tell me where I can get the latest maps with .ftr files for my xgody?
Are they in the media section by a y chance?

He!p much appreciated as my maps are probably three years old.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
All that faffing with maps and files, Life's complicated enough.

Google Maps for me, always up to date hassle free and feature full.

Just my opinion. :D

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Can anyone tell me where I can get the latest maps with .ftr files for my xgody?
Are they in the media section by a y chance?

He!p much appreciated as my maps are probably three years old.

I have a Noza Tec which works fine. If anyone knows where I can download updates ( I'm not on Facebook though) I would be grateful.

Paul

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
If you are a paid up member, I see you can download the required updates from the download section on this site! Well done Jim, and thanks to the person posting them.
I have downloaded, and will attempt update tonight while watching TV!

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Happy "Nozatec" owner here. I also have an 84 page instruction book download from "pwillo? Will check.
It is on a file somewhere in here,if you need it,i can try and relocate it,failing that i have a ready printed copy that i am sure someone will be able to pass it on via the magic of machines
Tea Bag.

xgx

Free Member
Jul 7, 2016
North Cambs/South Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
umptynine years
Umptynine thousand on 'bay ... spoiled for choice...

Anyone have a link for the latest version of the Nozatec/Xgody please?

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Just had my tom tom stolen from the car bit posed off but now need to look at another one
Any links for the xgody
Bill

OP
OP
enery8

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
Thanks for all your comments funsters, today I ordered an Xgody 886, should be here next week .
cheers all

Bill

OP
OP
enery8

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
Just had my tom tom stolen from the car bit posed off but now need to look at another one
Any links for the xgody
Bill

ordered mine on ebay £43.19, cant be bad and it has bluetooth and AV in
Hope this helps

OP
OP
enery8

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
Purchased an Xgody 886 and impressed, nice piece or kit if a bit confusing at first, very pleased with it. Got email from Xgody rep offering help,(nice touch) Also bought to go with it at £7.49 a good deal I think.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.

Good luck @enery8. :)

Cheers,

Jock. :)
A massive thank you to @JockandRita for updating our maps just a few weeks ago here in Spain where we spent a few days in his and Rita's company.
This sat nag has its problems I agree but I paid £20 for mine and it's been faultless for three years apart from the screen resolution being poor at times but we cope with that easily.
Thanks Jock. (y)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
ordered mine on ebay £43.19, cant be bad and it has bluetooth and AV in
Hope this helps
Just don't overload it with shite, we use ours to go from a to b, camper contact, speed cameras, no music, no speaking books, nuffink. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back