Chinese shop keepers in Spain (2 Viewers)

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
That's easy. Mandarin and Cantonese would be a nod while saying "nee-how"
But Hello on the phone is always "Wai" Pronounced "Way"

Try zǎo shàng hǎo (zow shang how), for good morning (mandarin) (y)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I really don't see the point of threads like this. Why broadcast it to the world? You had an experience, get over it. All it does is give the knuckle draggers an excuse to vent their prejudice and stupidity.

Really makes me despair when there are so many helpful and thoughtful posts connected to motor-homing on here.
A tad harsh on the OP and a little bit rude I would say. Mattyjar was just relaying an experience he had in Spain and I have to say I have had a similar experience in the Chino shops in Spain. I have found the staff rude and non- communicative, also following you round as though you are going to stuff your pockets and do a runner. Not all of them but enough to notice that it is a trend.

Having said that they are great for stuff that you would struggle to find in some of the smaller Spainsh towns and I must admit we love a good rootal around a chino shop.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
How about:
我不会说中国话,但如果你想要,我们可以在西班牙语交谈。请不要把我当成狗。
Oh dear!!! (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
an excuse to vent their prejudice and stupidity.

Really makes me despair when there are so many helpful and thoughtful posts connected to motor-homing on here.

Perhaps you need to chillax

where is this thread prejudiced or stupido_O ?

agreed its not exactly motorhome but is in 'continental touring,' I think its on topic and good to go

Don't like it, move on:)
Dont dispare, there are other threads which should leave a little more relaxed:whistle:
But don't look at the grey water , dog poo or generator threads ;)

chillax

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
We've got 3 or 4 huge ones here in Lorca + I use another in Águilas & in none of them do they wander around behind you nor is there a problem exchanging anything. The one in the centre of own they'll even have a laugh & a joke.
Last Friday on the way back from Alicante in went in to an industrial estate where 95%of all the business's are Chinese wholesalers ,all dealing in different items & the other 5% being Moroccan & doing the same. In some the younger staff will follow you but they are there to assist as most only sell in bulk & are taking details of items&quantities wanted. does annoy me though when I'm just browsing.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Good to national stereotyping is alive and well. Thank god us Brits are perfect, esp the ex-pat types.

Not sure who you are referring to here ... I also guess that you hadn't read the rest of the posts where it was stated that we are on holiday and this was the worst customer service I've ever experienced; I'd not had such attitudes from shop keepers elsewhere, let alone 3 shops in the same town. Coincidence or bad luck? It seems from the replies that this is a common theme in Chinese operated shops in Spain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back