Chinese sat nav (1 Viewer)

May 27, 2014
Canterbury Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola
Exp
Just received my sat nav today. How do you update the maps and add the aires and Acsi poi to the memory?Been at it three hours and no further forward just a given me a headache lol

OP
OP
Darren
May 27, 2014
Canterbury Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola
Exp
It's the 7 inch truck one that quite a few people on here have

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Darren
May 27, 2014
Canterbury Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola
Exp
Thank you for the links. WHen I connect the sat nav to the computer there are quite a few files but not the ones I need to to put the poi files into ?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
My advice would be to post in the thread I gave a link to. This way everyone who took part in that thread will get an email notification of a new post. At least one of those participants has the answer you need.
Use the "like" tab too and you will be more popular and attractive to responders :xlaugh:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
darren if the folder you need is not in the sat nav then you cannot just add the folder it wont work
mine has sites already installed so check your as well
put in a destination say benidorm once the sat nav finds it and starts then click search then custom search
then pick at your destination
then click accommodation then campsites see how many come up if any i have never had to add poi

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Works for me?

Type "truck sat nav" in the search box

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
As you get to know other members it will become apparent who is adept at what and I am priviledged to get my Cinkynav sorted by another member for me. It would not be fair of me to say who as that may place a burden that is not welcomed. I would make all posts in the other thread that has a stronger subscription base and more likely for the clever folk to help

OP
OP
Darren
May 27, 2014
Canterbury Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola
Exp
Sorry to be a pain people but I have downloaded the manual but cannot see were it tells you how to add poi. May just go back to the Tom Tom.. tHanks for all your help

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Sorry, the information I was looking at was in Pwilmo's extras manual which is not currently available - per Broken Link Removed.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
This is the text from POI Adding Custom. Hope it helps.
Connect the satnav device to computer with the USB Cable and navigate to IGO9>Primo>CONTENT

If a folder named “Userdata” does not exist create one; the satnav looks in here to load custom poi’s information.
Navigate inside the “Userdata” folder and create two folders (if they do not already exist) named “POI” and “Usericon”

Save the *.kml files into “POI” Folder and the corresponding user icons into “Usericon” folder.
NOTE: For the user icons to be displayed with the poi’s you will also need to edit the *.kml file
Navigate to IGO9/Primo/CONTENT/Userdata/POI
Open the .kml file in Notepad, the heading of the document will look similar to this <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <kml xmlns="Broken Link Removed"> <Document>
Immediately after <Document> insert the following, including all the HTML symbols and text: (substitute xxx with the name of your *.kml file and your *.bmp icon) <name>xxx.kml</name> <metadata><igoicon><filename>xxx.bmp</filename></igoicon></metadata>
The edited file header should now look like this
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <kml xmlns="Broken Link Removed"> <Document> <name>xxx.kml</name> <metadata><igoicon><filename>xxx.bmp</filename></igoicon></metadata>
Save and close the document
Disconnect the satnav device from the computer and turn it off. On restart the sat nav will write new files to “POI”; these allow the satnav to interpret and use your poi information.
Each *.kml file has 3 corresponding files (*.kix *.kns *.kst) The *.kix,*kns and *kst files will have the same prefix name as the *kml file that they belong to. If you edit a *.kml file or change its icon then you must delete the 3 files that belong to it. On restart satnav will then write new files with the updated information

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Text for How to edit a KML File (formatting is a bit crap but hopefully clear enough):
Select .kml file and open in Notepad….IMPORTANT: after ANY poi updating .kml file OR .bmp - delete corresponding *.kix *.kns *.kst files
NOTE: poi coordinates are positioned in-between <kml> <documents> AND </documents></kml> as follows:
******************************* <kml> <documents> XXXXXXXXXXXXX </documents> </kml> *******************************

Below is an example of the text you might find in a .kml file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <kml xmlns="Broken Link Removed"> <Document> <name>Special_ES.kml</name><metadata><igoicon><filename>Special.bmp</filename></igoicon></metadata> <Placemark> <name>CL-605 Camping Zamora-poss road access</name><description>Broken Link Removed </Placemark> <Placemark> <name>Camping Villanova Benidorm</name><description>Broken Link Removed </Placemark> </Document> </kml>

All the info for a particular POI is in-between <Placemark> and </Placemark>
To delete a POI remove entirely all text including the <Placemark> and </Placemark>
To alter the name edit the text between <name> xxx </name> taking care only to alter the existing text in-between and NOT the HTML markers or symbols.
To alter the position edit the existing co-ordinates between <coordinates> xxx</coordinates>, in the exact same position, format and spacing as the original, again taking care only to alter the existing co-ordinates in-between and NOT the HTML markers or symbols.
IMPORTANT: after ANY poi updating/editing of .kml file OR .bmp - DELETE corresponding *.kix *.kns *.kst files
In the files given as examples there is also info for description and an icon.
The description is also for use by Google Earth/Maps, but you can edit in your own in-between <description> xxx </description>; which iGO will display.
The icon is for display by Google Earth/Maps and not used by iGO
Shut off sat nav and restart

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I noticed that Pwilmo had included the following paragraph in his manual:
No Copyright © pwilmo .. copy, paste, edit, do as you please with the information and pictures contained here within. Pass it on to help others
So, I have loaded it to the Resource Section. Hopefully it will be useful until Pwilmo has chance to sort out the replacement.

Note that this is all Pwilmo's work and I claim no credit for it at all.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We got the Manual for our 7" Chinese Truck SatNav wich look same/similar to others and cost only £42.90, so far work great.
The Manual may be of help to others - see link:
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid=164BF7328942CEE3&resid=164BF7328942CEE3!211&app=WordPdf&authkey=!AEj430AQ2WCnTxA
Unfortunately the iGo 8 manual is dated 2008. :(
Most of us are on iGo 9, which is covered in the manual available now in the resources section.

Alternatively, here is another source for the iGo Primo, although I am sure that will have been updated by now.
http://download.naviextras.com/content/!application/Manual/NAGHIMOTORS_UserManual_UK.PDF

Cheers,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back