Feb 26, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Hi,

Has anyone updated there chinese sat nav maps recently, if so did all go smoothly. Thinking of upgrading myself just wondered if there are any know issues/problems

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Hi there cjb,
I've had one of mine updated as when it arrived it didn't have France mapping installed!!nor Norway,
I didn't do it myself, haven't got the know how to be honest,wish i had,but since i had it installed/up-
-dated it gave up the ghost once an just refused to give any instructions/directions it just "resigned" so I contacted the suppliers of the nozatec,and they told me to reset it to factory settings,after that it started working again,but I did notice that
after it was updated it had slowed up noticeably after first switching on,i.e.it was slow to find satellites,and has definitely slowed up generally,
otherwise it has continued to function ok,fingers
crossed,hope this helps,gwyntaxi

Jim et Lou

Free Member
Oct 12, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I am new to this
Updated mine no probs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Yes updated mine a month ago but when I used it again last weekend it told me it needed updating but still worked ok. Going to the NEC last month it did play up a bit, switched itself off a couple of times then going through the boot process again, not conducive to safe driving around Brum.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Strange that you should say that yours played up in the Brum area,because mine did a similar thing in that it just would not function or give directions etc,when you first enter a destination it gives a sort of wiggly line via the places it's meant to route you but when mine threw a wobbly it showed a dead STRAIGHT line from my position at the time to the destination,and after contacting nozatec,they advised reseting it to factory settings to get it working again,which I did and it's worked ok since.but that was no consolation for when I got stuck near Bromyard on a busy roundabout. ALSO another very interesting point,my mates' son did the update on mine because I got a clue when it comes to updating a sat nav,(in fact,I once wiped all the mapping data off my Garmin nuvi and had to be sent back to Garmin to be re-
installed),so I leave things like that well alone,but when he updated it he said it is NOT a dedicated Sat-nav but a TABLET with a Sat-nav APP loaded into it,and he said this evident by the fact that you
can see it loading when you switch it on,Ipers

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Strange that you should say that yours played up in the Brum area,because mine did a similar thing in that it just would not function or give directions etc,when you first enter a destination it gives a sort of wiggly line via the places it's meant to route you but when mine threw a wobbly it showed a dead STRAIGHT line from my position at the time to the destination,and after contacting nozatec,they advised reseting it to factory settings to get it working again,which I did and it's worked ok since.but that was no consolation for when I got stuck near Bromyard on a busy roundabout. ALSO another very interesting point,my mates' son did the update on mine because I got a clue when it comes to updating a sat nav,(in fact,I once wiped all the mapping data off my Garmin nuvi and had to be sent back to Garmin to be re-
installed),so I leave things like that well alone,but when he updated it he said it is NOT a dedicated Sat-nav but a TABLET with a Sat-nav APP loaded into it,and he said this evident by the fact that you
can see it loading when you switch it on,I person-ally wouldn't have known any difference if he hadn't pointed it out,also since he updated it it takes noticeably longer to load up(that's the APP)
and longer to lock on to satellites than it did when it first came out of the box.It would be interesting to hear your views or anyone else's input on this,
regards,gwyntaxi.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
when he updated it he said it is NOT a dedicated Sat-nav but a TABLET with a Sat-nav APP loaded into it
To be fair, they are sold as that. Logically, though, a dedicated sat nav is only a tablet with a single OS and application loaded into it.

Like all computers they are only tools. If they do the job required then fine but, just like Rawlplug tools and electric drills, if there is something better go for it :)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Updated mine a few months ago. It still sometimes tells me my maps need updating, probably because I have only updated the ones for countries I go to.

I copied the old maps to PC before putting the new ones on just in case

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back