Chinese Sat Nav - help for the inept..... (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Well, not totally inept, more just never had the inclination to learn properly! Put this up earlier in "chat" section, then spotted this one.....

I've got one of the Nozatec truck sat navs, was looking to add a few bits before going abroad in a few weeks.

Firstly, French Aires - I see there is a file in the resources section that says:-

this zip contain the kml and bmp files for the aires poi for the chinese satnav.
extract the files and copy the .kml file into the content/userdata/poi folder and the .bmp files into the content/userdata/usericon folder and restart the satnav.

Trouble is, I don't have those folders. Under "content" there is no userdata folder. There is a POI folder, which is where I presume the .kml file goes - but there is no "usericon" folder - just these:-

upload_2016-7-23_15-27-14-png.116679

So, any idea where the bmp files go?

Secondly, is there another similar file for German Stellplatz?

Lastly, what's the best way of entering addresses when on the Continent? Use co-ordinates, or are postcodes supported (going to France, Germany & Switzerland)?

I presume the map update issue on these has not been resolved. Mine date from 2013, I doubt too many new roads have gone in since then.

Any help gratefully received!

OP
OP
Feltwell
Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
All sorted now, but thanks for the reply!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back