Free Member
Sep 19, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New with lots to learn
Hi, I bought the 7" Chinese sat nav and we would like to tour France and use it there. We have been reading that it is illegal to have a device that identifies a police radar speed checkpoint ahead. My question is do other Funsters use a disabled Radar warning on there device? Can I disable the function on my device? or am I worrying to much about the French police.

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Hi , i use a tomtom with the radar warning disabled.. the facility is disabled by tomtom when updating it.
Don't know about the chinese sat nav, I dare not mess with it anymore after nearly mucking it all up.
someone on here will know how to do it. i'll keep watching this post and then change my chinese sat nav setting.::winky:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi, I bought the 7" Chinese sat nav and we would like to tour France and use it there. We have been reading that it is illegal to have a device that identifies a police radar speed checkpoint ahead. My question is do other Funsters use a disabled Radar warning on there device? Can I disable the function on my device? or am I worrying to much about the French police.

There should a box you can tick for ON...or OFF ...look in settings

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
In settings[ then sounds and warnings, tap arrow down to Alert point settings and you" get alert point warnings" tap the box to turn on or off.

I THINK:RollEyes:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
For the chinese satnav you can turn off speed cameras in "settings" - "sound and warning" - "alert point settings"

john

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
just returned from France ski trip, always concerned about carrying spare bulb kit, in case i`m stopped, but now not concerned as the number of French vehicles with only one headlight reassures me no one gets stopped.
had my Garmin pinging away all through the villages.

OP
OP
AL99

AL99

Free Member
Sep 19, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New with lots to learn
Many thanks for your reply's I have disabled the radar warning now, easy when you know how :winky:

stevebill

Free Member
Jun 23, 2010
UK sometimes
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Chinese sat nav

Hi. Exactly what sat nav have you got? Mine says Pro Drive on the front of the tablet.
Did you buy it off ebay, and is it basically British software on a Chinese made tablet?
If it turns out to be the same as mine, I can help you.
However, dont bother to turn off the speed camera warnings- believe me you WILL need them !!
We travelled down to Morocco through France and Spain in October, and Id give it a conservative guess that the speed camera warning went off every 10 minutes. Almost as often in Spain.
We didnt use any motorways.
The sat nav performed brilliantly, and I would recommend filling in the fuel consumption page. 4 months into the trip, I know exactly what mpg im getting.
cheers
Stevebill

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Hi. Exactly what sat nav have you got? Mine says Pro Drive on the front of the tablet.
Did you buy it off ebay, and is it basically British software on a Chinese made tablet?
If it turns out to be the same as mine, I can help you.
[HI]However, dont bother to turn off the speed camera warnings- believe me you WILL need them !![/HI]
We travelled down to Morocco through France and Spain in October, and Id give it a conservative guess that the speed camera warning went off every 10 minutes. Almost as often in Spain.
We didnt use any motorways.
The sat nav performed brilliantly, and I would recommend filling in the fuel consumption page. 4 months into the trip, I know exactly what mpg im getting.
cheers
Stevebill

It is illegal to drive in France with devices that show the location of speed cameras.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/overseas/radar-detectors-in-france.html

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I always have a warning set to inform me if I accidentally exceed the speed limit. There is therefore no need for warnings of speed cameras. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back