Chinese cheapo truck sat navs (1 Viewer)

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Hi, i've been trying to update the maps in my cheapo chinese truck thing from Pnavi web site, i've manage to put the new (thats a laugh) uk map into maps, but i have got no roads showing now for the uk when i start it up. it must think i am in the middle of some fields ..
All i can think of is that all the old maps all say fyr or something like that and another few letters which i can't remember, and my new ones say zip file.
the instructions from navibuzz says to download common and truck files, then unzip them,,how the chuff do i unzip them. i have also reset the path like he says.

i have put the maps into file/con/maps

anyone help before i sling it in the bin and carry on with the tom tom

Last edited:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Open the folder containing the downloaded zip file with windows explorer or my computer depending on what windows system you have. Double click the zip file and you will see a list of files in the zip. At the top of this panee you should see the word "extract" click this and confirm the extraction.

Note where the extracted files will be placed and then they can be copied from there onto the satnav.

Hope this is clear.

John

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
if you have not had a gps connection this is normal and as soon as the gps connects it can then find your position::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Open the folder containing the downloaded zip file with windows explorer or my computer depending on what windows system you have. Double click the zip file and you will see a list of files in the zip. At the top of this panee you should see the word "extract" click this and confirm the extraction.

Note where the extracted files will be placed and then they can be copied from there onto the satnav.

Hope this is clear.

John
Thanks John, this worked a treat, i just had to download a programme unzip the file. As my windows 7 does'nt appear to have one.

Just 1 other question i, i have now got 5 files for uk in maps. most other countries have 2.=FTR & FBL.
In the uk maps i have FTR.. FBL.. FPA..FSP..FDA. Is it safe to delete the extra files.

PS. the POI file in the download section of mh/fun, do i need to unzip that also..
Thanks very much for your help. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
here is a list of abbreviation

FTR> Truck Info > /Content/MAP/
FPA> Proximity Alerts > /Content/MAP/
FDA> Driver Alerts > /Content/MAP/
FBL> Actual Maps > /Content/MAP/
FSP > Speed profiles > /Content/Map/
HNR> Defined Routes > /Content/Map/
HSP> History Speed > /Content/Histspeed/
3DC> 3D Buildings > /Content/Building/
3DL> 3D Landmarks > /Content/Building/
PH> Regional Voice Corrections > /Content/Phoneme/
DEM> Map Terrain > /Content/DEM/
POI> Points of Interest > /Contents/POI/
FJV> Junction view > /Contents/MAP/
TXT> Radar > /Content/speedcam/
KML> Custom Points of Interest > /Content/userdata/poi/

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
T
PS. the POI file in the download section of mh/fun, do i need to unzip that also..
Thanks very much for your help. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Yes you need to unzip them and then copy them onto the satnav as in this thread Broken Link Removed

john

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
Hi, i've been trying to update the maps in my cheapo chinese truck thing from Pnavi web site, i've manage to put the new (thats a laugh) uk map into maps, but i have got no roads showing now for the uk when i start it up. it must think i am in the middle of some fields ..
All i can think of is that all the old maps all say fyr or something like that and another few letters which i can't remember, and my new ones say zip file.
the instructions from navibuzz says to download common and truck files, then unzip them,,how the chuff do i unzip them. i have also reset the path like he says.

i have put the maps into file/con/maps

anyone help before i sling it in the bin and carry on with the tom tom

This thread is an interesting one, and is falling to the end of the list.
So I thought that I would do what Jim said and bump it back up.

OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Thank you so much to everyone who has given their time and effort to help me (us).:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

It is all so simple now,, really.:Blush:

OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Another question, I did as john said, made a new folder..USERDATA.. then sub folders USERICON & POI...
I had an existing POI folder so i moved it into new userdata/poi folder.

The thing is, i can get all the ACSI,Bord atlas, etc,etc AND icons perfectly but not anything else, they used to be there...ie. supermarkets, petrol stations etc.
when i go on find places the words are there ,but kind of shaded so i can't tap them.
I have tried moving the POI folder back to a separate folder like it was but still nothing..
I have shut down and restarted, but still no joy.

The poi's are country files all saying poi file.
ANYBODY HELP-------- JOHN please:winky:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Lou

You should not have moved the existing POI folder those are the map related pois that are preinstalled with the unit.

Have you moved the poi folder with the maps data back to its correct position in the "contents" folder?

John

OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
thanks john,I did try and move it back,but I can't remember wether I restarted it or not.ill give it another go tonight.
If it does work, do I then put in your acsi etc poi into that poi folder...or make a new separate poi file in userdata,
ThanksSIZE]

Last edited:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
thanks john,I did try and move it back,but I can't remember wether I restarted it or not.ill give it another go tonight.
If it does work, do I then put in your acsi etc poi into that poi folder...or make a new separate poi file in userdata,
ThanksSIZE]

You make a separate poi folder under userdata to put the acsi etc .kml files in and a usericon folder under userdata to put the .bmp files in.

John

OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
:thumb::thumb: :Thanks John,
got them all back, i did exactly as you said and now works perfect.

If i get lost going to Austria this summer and end up in Australia i'll contact you.:ROFLMAO:

Not a bad machine really, brought me back from Annecy last summer a better route than tom tom.. saved me from climbing a mountain which the tom tom sent me up on the way down to Annecy.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Thanks John, I've got mine working except the Wetherspoon one which produces an error. I just deleted that one as I didn't want it anyway and the others seem fine.

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
cheapo chinese sat nav

I've got one of these and it works well but now the speaker is playing up . The voice is ok playing though the radio/aux but splutters and breaks up when used on its own.I might have to contact Rice at pnavi again

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Hi. Also tried updating the sat nav and ended up with the sat nav thinking I'm in a truck so all standard roads are 40 mph. Which drives you nuts as I generally use the you are over the speed limit warnings to prevent another inadvertent speed course.

Anyone know which file set the road/vehicle speed limits

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi. Also tried updating the sat nav and ended up with the sat nav thinking I'm in a truck so all standard roads are 40 mph. Which drives you nuts as I generally use the you are over the speed limit warnings to prevent another inadvertent speed course.

Anyone know which file set the road/vehicle speed limits
Use the Truck settings to create a unique Vehicle Profile for your van (I identify ours using the registration number). That allows you to set the speed, vehicle measurements &c.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
GHJ

Have no option in vehicle profile for anything other than lorry. The option is greyed out and can't be changed, ditto no option to save the profile

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
The option to create/change the vehicle is in " Route Settings" select "Vehicle" there and you can change the vehicle to be used for navigation and also create a new one with the Motorhome sizes in it.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The option to create/change the vehicle is in " Route Settings" select "Vehicle" there and you can change the vehicle to be used for navigation and also create a new one with the Motorhome sizes in it.
Thanks John, beat me to it.
@ Broken Link Removed if you download the manual from Broken Link Removed, the details start on page 77.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
Many thanks both.

Further issues in that setting the nav to lorry and putting the appropriate values for lxwxhxw etc results in 40 mph limit for a class roads. If set to bus standard speed limit ie. 60 for a class but routes via stupidly small roads.

Any thoughts as I venture off to TRFM.

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
change weight of lorry to a 3.5 tons and your dimensions
I drive 38 ton lorries in london and am always get flagged up as over the 7.5 ton loading restrictions so i left the height width etc as it is and changed the weight to 7.5 tons sorted

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back