Chinese alarm/tracker/immobiliser (1 Viewer)

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Hi all, has anyone fitted one of these yet?

I have just ordered one and intend to wire it up to the leisure batteries as I have not yet found the bleed that is draining my vehicle battery.

Any thoughts or insight gladly welcomed.

Vic

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Not fitted that but have fitted a few cheap Chinese alarms to my bikes and I can't believe just how good the quality is for so little money.

But I have never wired in the immobiliser circuit just in case, I don't want the fuel cut whilst riding. Having said that none of them have failed.

So I suggest you do that, leave the safety side until you are sure of the quality.

G8WVW

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 on/off
Yes, they are really very good. I use a Giff-Gaff SIM card that has only been topped up once in two years!

Beware of mounting the antennas outside of the metal box of your conversion to avoid blocking the signals such as the fibreglass overcab moulding.

When stored, I set the 'move' function; the unit will send a text message if any attempt is made to move the vehicle. Not bothered with either the alarm or remote immobiliser function; just use it as a tracker.

Cheers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I fitted to our MH ( well hidden in the roof ) and to our scooter this one:

Very pleased with it now for 2 years. I have a virgin sim fitted in both and they work across EU. Top up lasts for ages. Cats can run around MH whilst we are out and does not set it off, but if I forget to switch it off when I step into MH I get within 5/10 seconds a text message saying movement in MH with GPS grid. I think it worth it.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
I am just looking at these devices.

Maybe someone knows the answer to these questions.

Can you see the location of your vehicle with google maps updated at set intervals

Which is the best sim, ie one where the credit doesnt have a use by date and works europe wide

How much data does it use, ie how long would say £25.00 of credit last.

Thanks

Neil

OP
OP
Hymie

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Had mine fitted for a few months now, pukka piece of kit.

You call the number, it goes to answerphone on 3rd ring, cut off call. By this time You have had a text including a Google map link.

Click on the link, opens maps with a pin showing the exact location of Harriet, never more than 6ft out, usually spot on.

Use a giffgaff sim after advice on here.

Put £10 on at outset, still going strong, 4p a text = over 250 replies, call it up only if not able to use her for a while or if showing off. :whistle2:

Hymie.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Thanks hymie

Great information

Does it sms you if the vehicle moves out of a designated area.

Can you track it in real time

Does the sim work across europe as well

Thanks

neil

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Stewart j

I like the look of this one, may take a punt on it.

Does anyone know the best sim deal.

Ie europe wide and the credit doesnt expire after a set period.

Any views

Neil

OP
OP
Hymie

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
I bought this one after a bit of research.

Yes, you can Geo-Fence it, it will call you if it leaves it's boundaries, you can also control it via inter web browser but the manual is good English and I use the sms controls.

You get admin and 5 authorised users, so the kids can call and get your precise location.

Used a giffgaff sim as I was told it wants a 2g sim, kids tracked us all over Holland/Belgium/France in June.

It also has a panic button which works, all users get a Help me sms until cancelled by a sms from admin phone.

If you wire in the fuel pump you can shut off the fuel remotely if the vehicle is stolen, it works once the vehicle speed drops below 20kph.

Found it reliable so far, good kit for the price.

Hymie.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I bought this one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111355670700
It comes with a Lebara sim installed, works fine here and in France, sim is easy to top up and after almost a year and loads of test texts, I have only used a couple of pounds credit.
I have mine wired in permanently, it takes almost nothing out of the battery. Location in Google maps is spot on too.
Allan

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hymie

Looks good, excelent reviews on amazon

Does your giffgaff sim expire after a set time or does the credit last until its used

Neil

OP
OP
Hymie

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
You get a bonus amount of texts if you top but credit has no expiry date Neil.

Although she's on a cassoa gold site and I have her geo fenced I still call every few days for peace of mind, been about 3 months, still have over £9 left of original £10, even after the many texts while setting it up and playing with the "new toy" when first installed.

Hymie.

OP
OP
Hymie

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
I didn't fit a siren Sue, still debating that.

Bit worried that given my current heart problems I might pop my clogs with fright if it went off in the night. :rofl:

I believe the model they sell is around 116-120db, there are plenty of cheap compact sirens for sale on Amazon/eBay or you can connect it to the existing hooter on your vehicle. (Other outlets are available. :whistle2:)

Hymie

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hymie

Can you tell me what the functions of the key fob do.

Ideally I would like to lock the vehicle , push the key fob button and walk away knowing that if it moved I would get an SMS .

Is this what it can do by activating the device from the key fob

thanks

Neil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back