Chinese 7" truck sat NAV mount modification (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
My tomtom 1005 has been consigned to gather dust since aquiring the chinkynav. Tomtom mapping is crap and despite vehicle size still took ridiculour routes whether set to shortest or fastest route.

The information and lane guidance with 2014 maps is so far without fault.

When approaching large motorway interchanges the lane guidance is astoundingly clear unfortunately I cannot photograph the screen on the move but even on ordinary roads the info is so big!
CA_01031515482250-X2.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
My tomtom 1005 has been consigned to gather dust since aquiring the chinkynav. Tomtom mapping is crap and despite vehicle size still took ridiculour routes whether set to shortest or fastest route.

When approaching large motorway interchanges the lane guidance is astoundingly clear unfortunately I cannot photograph the screen on the move but even on ordinary roads the info is so big!
CA_01031515482250-X2.jpg
I've rather lost confidence in TomTom after it took me through a 20mph housing estate complete with speed bumps to save 100 yards. It's a pity TomTom don't use the Autoroute system of sliders to set preferences. I always found that that worked really well.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No

CA_01031515482250-X2.jpg
Christ Andy,
They've built a deli in the middle of the road!!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I've rather lost confidence in TomTom after it took me through a 20mph housing estate complete with speed bumps to save 100 yards. It's a pity TomTom don't use the Autoroute system of sliders to set preferences. I always found that that worked really well.
I had the same problem in Holland in 2013. :( The trouble is, because I had the latest Western European Truck maps, I had 2 x other MH'ers following me, and looking for a local BP filling station.
We got there, but none of us were impressed, and I later discovered that a better route was only about half a mile down the road. :(

I've not had any problems like that (or any at all really) with my 7" Chinese Truck Sat Nav. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We mounted the suction cup of our Garmin on one of these
Fits neatly under the clip board on a Fiat Ducato and is anti slip
The suction cup secures very well to the shiny surface

$(KGrHqNHJEIFIBIJNCFgBSIl89mU,!~~60_12.JPG

Broken Link Removed

johnnnnnnyy

Free Member
Jul 6, 2015
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
I put mine inside the speedo console. It covers the rev counter (I don't use) also the fuel gauge, but set the Motorhomes onboard computer so I can see full range, I can see it above the Sat nav unit.
I bought one of those anti slip rubber gel pads you use on the dashboard, cut it in sections that sits behind the nav and secures it in place.
Power lead tucks nicely under the steering column.

IMG_2715_zpsekhfbqs9.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Pudsey Bear

Free Member
Jun 28, 2008
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
I lost faith in any of the sucker type attachments.

Broken Link Removed, in the car I have a piece on the dash and another on the back of phone case to use Co-Pilot, in the van I'll be having a L shaped bracket for the 7" tablet, it'll be fastened to the dash and the tablet by the same stuff, it sticks like the proverbial, but peels off and so far has left no mark or done any damage to dash etc., I also have a small piece on the back of remotes, normal velcro seems to fail to easily.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back