LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Is anyone at the Chickenrun or been there recently? I am already thinking about next winter and considering going there for a long stay. I would welcome a brief review.

I see their web site mentions seasonal pitches but does not give rates. Any ideas on costs before I make contact with the owners?

Last edited:

Deleted User
Is anyone at the Chickenrun or been there recently? I am already thinking about next winter and considering going there for a long stay. I would welcome a brief review.

I see their web site mentions seasonal pitches but does not give rates. Any ideas on costs before I make contact with the owners?
matamoros I think might be able to advise. ? Bob.

My experience was 7 years ago and wasn't good, I wouldn't like to comment on what it is like now, if you do a search on this forum you should find some of my comments from that time but there is an old adage about leopards and spots.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Doesn't time fly, ? I must admit I have not seen anything about them for a while, I seem to remember Garry flatpackchicken going there but that was probably as long ago. ?
Maybe it's no longer open. ? Bob.

OP
OP
Flamenca

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Their web site appears to still be active. I will send them an enquiry but would not like to commit before receiving good reviews from a trusted source.

Deleted User
Doesn't time fly, ? I must admit I have not seen anything about them for a while, I seem to remember Garry flatpackchicken going there but that was probably as long ago. ?
Maybe it's no longer open. ? Bob.

Yes he was there when we were, don't know if he ever went back.

OP
OP
Flamenca

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
My experience was 7 years ago and wasn't good, I wouldn't like to comment on what it is like now, if you do a search on this forum you should find some of my comments from that time but there is an old adage about leopards and spots.
If you do not mind me asking, which site do you long term on now?

Deleted User
If you do not mind me asking, which site do you long term on now?

We are now on Ria Formosa at Cabanas de Tavira, been on a permanent pitch since we left Chickenrun, we leave the 5'er here and tour elsewhere for 5 months of the year. I don't think that they are taking long term bookings at the moment other than the C&CC , Jan and Feb are very busy.

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
We were there two years ago. They're web site said they run a taxi service, organised trips out and in house events. But was told on arrival that the taxi service was no more and they hadn't organised events for ages.
The final straw for use was when we realised the site water was from a well. In fact an irrigation well 3 or 4 meters diameter open to the air. They assured us the water was clean as eels lived in the well. We stayed 5 nights and from memory payed 6 euros a night plus electricity as metered.

Jan 10, 2015
East sussex
Funster No
MH
2002 Eura mobile
Exp
Since 2014
We were there two years ago. They're web site said they run a taxi service, organised trips out and in house events. But was told on arrival that the taxi service was no more and they hadn't organised events for ages.
The final straw for use was when we realised the site water was from a well. In fact an irrigation well 3 or 4 meters diameter open to the air. They assured us the water was clean as eels lived in the well. We stayed 5 nights and from memory payed 6 euros a night plus electricity as metered.
Yes our experience was very similar. No real facilities, unless you count the caravan powered shower. We only stayed one night. Very friendly but too basic even for us. did not have potable water on site Either. Sad as we had high hopes to stay a while.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back