Free Member
Mar 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs XXLA
Exp
2yrs
Hi,

We are considering a used 2017 model but would need a 5th forward facing travel seat. Has anyone heard of Carthago doing this work on a stock or used van? Loved the build quality!!

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
After the mortgage to buy it you might need to take out another for a modification.
Carthago’s can be expensive when it comes to making changes.
Great vans though!

Welcome to Fun btw. (y)

Richard.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've had a look at the layout and can't see how they would be able to modify it to fit a 5th forward facing travel seat and I seriously doubt they, or anyone else would consider doing it, sorry ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Familymad

Familymad

Free Member
Mar 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs XXLA
Exp
2yrs
I agree, I was also looking at a new one with substantial discount and Carthago have come back with an option to remove the long seat and pop a forward facing one in or just fit a lap belt. Both won’t work for us so it’s not going to work this time around. None of the three kids met their low reserve price on eBay either and therefore we still need 5 travelling seats :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I agree, I was also looking at a new one with substantial discount and Carthago have come back with an option to remove the long seat and pop a forward facing one in or just fit a lap belt. Both won’t work for us so it’s not going to work this time around. None of the three kids met their low reserve price on eBay either and therefore we still need 5 travelling seats :D
I'm absolutely aghast that Carthago would even consider offering to fit a lap belt on the existing side-facing seats! :eek:

OP
OP
Familymad

Familymad

Free Member
Mar 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs XXLA
Exp
2yrs
I think they can be used for over 16’s?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I think they can be used for over 16’s?
I'm not aghast due to it being used for children, but for anyone ... it could cause catastrophic injuries if the MH had to make a quick emergency stop/or hit something, as a body is not meant to 'tilt' sideways to the extent that would happen in this situation. Side facing seats should never be used with seat belts, ideally never used without them either.

OP
OP
Familymad

Familymad

Free Member
Mar 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs XXLA
Exp
2yrs
We have gone elsewhere and picked up a Dethleffs instead.

Thanks all

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
How much were you asking for the kids? ....i've been looking for a couple of small matching ones as we have loads of spare disposable nappies ( wife over ordered) that i wouldnt want to waste. i think most of those advertised on ebay are a bit overpriced, but i am prepared to pay a fair price for matching ones ..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back