LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I have see how fast these funsters move. Turn your back for 2hrs and there are 60 names :D

Don't worry it fills up to half full before Christmas, then there is usually a mad rush a few weeks before Easter. :)

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Just a quick question. Are dogs allowed at the meet and the show irself?
Cant find anything online to say either way(n)

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Just a quick question. Are dogs allowed at the meet and the show irself?
Cant find anything online to say either way(n)
Yes dogs allowed at the meet and round the show. Lovely walks up the river for the dogs too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
@Stagman think Andy's right about no dogs in the show itself but it's too busy for them anyway . Don't let that put you off though as there's plenty of other dog walking opportunities .
Wendy .

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@Stagman no dogs in the food show ... but to be honest I go round it once .. takes maximum an hour .... too expensive .. and the rest of the weekend is on the site or in Chester. If the weather kind lovely walk by the rivver .. sit on the steps watching the boats or outside bar drinkkng coffee and feeling the sun, people watching.

Some of the ladies go shopping in Chester .. nice but if weather good too beautiful to waste inside. There is a Wetherspoons some go in a welcoming ggoup for late breakfast ..maybe someone can advise if dogs are welcome?

I would love to go as my single female friends are going but I have to have an operation on my foot and if in plaster still .. some Show organisers will not refund your money even for a bereavement .. lost money I can ill afford to because of that :(... don't know about these organisers.. if Warners I would have no chance.

Apologies for the stuttering in my typing ... liittle tiny phhone and lady fingers. :)

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
@Stagman, Hi John and Catherine, you will enjoy Chester and the foodfest takes up a small amount of the racecourse, Nelson will have the racecourse track to run around on so plenty of space for him. I'm not staying on site but will probably visit for a day (have pony commitments at home over Easter) so I may see you to say hello.

Veronica

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
@Stagman no dogs in the food show ... but to be honest I go round it once .. takes maximum an hour .... too expensive .. and the rest of the weekend is on the site or in Chester. If the weather kind lovely walk by the rivver .. sit on the steps watching the boats or outside bar drinkkng coffee and feeling the sun, people watching.

Some of the ladies go shopping in Chester .. nice but if weather good too beautiful to waste inside. There is a Wetherspoons some go in a welcoming ggoup for late breakfast ..maybe someone can advise if dogs are welcome?

I would love to go as my single female friends are going but I have to have an operation on my foot and if in plaster still .. some Show organisers will not refund your money even for a bereavement .. lost money I can ill afford to because of that :(... don't know about these organisers.. if Warners I would have no chance.

Apologies for the stuttering in my typing ... liittle tiny phhone and lady fingers. :)

I agree with you about so many things to do in and around Chester, lots of space for the dogs as well. But the Food & Drink Festival has so much more to offer than just a quick rush around, every year I love to find time to watch a couple of the many cookery demonstrations going on, get quite inspired for a while with my cooking. There is also the huge benefit if anyone wants to go in when it's a bit quieter we have the advantage of being right there so can wonder around when a lot of the day visitors have gone.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
I agree with you about so many things to do in and around Chester, lots of space for the dogs as well. But the Food & Drink Festival has so much more to offer than just a quick rush around, every year I love to find time to watch a couple of the many cookery demonstrations going on, get quite inspired for a while with my cooking. There is also the huge benefit if anyone wants to go in when it's a bit quieter we have the advantage of being right there so can wonder around when a lot of the day visitors have gone.

I found walking round the festival with Amanda at the quiet times much easier for us and much more to see and taste . We never got to see the cookery demonstrations so must try and see those this year. This will be our third time this year and it won't be our last :) we hope to see more of Chester as the weather was not kind to us last year so many things to see and do there X Kate

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

Hi at the moment the Chester Web site is not yet open, they will let me know a couple of days before it goes live and I will let @Techno (our brilliant keeper of the list) and post on here as well, but anyone who has expressed a interest I will make sure you know (y)

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Looking
clear.png
Forward to having something to go to Next year.

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Wonderful thank you everyone. We can work around the no dogs in show bit. As he will enjoy the rest of it. Look forward to seeing you all there and good luck with your op @movan

John and Catherine (&Nelson) x

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We found Chester quite dog friendly. At Grosvenor Park, which is a nice walk upstream along the river, the café conservatory is 'reserved' for dogs, the Commonhall St. Social is a trendy (hipster type) dog friendly bar where, if you have Sunday lunch, the dogs get one too and across the Handbridge, the Ship Inn is dog friendly. There are a couple of cafés in the town centre which welcomed our two as well. Unfortunately, the Old Boot, probably the cheapest beer in Cheshire doesn't let pets in.

Shazrick

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2009
We will definitely up for this so will try and keep a eye on it

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
@Carol I bet that @Popeye guy will have is name down as soon as this rally opens and will be showing of his quiz cup he won last year he should be made to do a lap around the track with the cup ,but the will not cheat next year as I will do the quiz in WELSH and that @gerri woman the cheats friend can bugger off ray xx lol still lol the cup winner for 2017

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
How much is it supposed to be without the discount? When I try it actually added £20 to the £40 cost!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It looks like that £40 is the cost per person...........

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back