Rally Chester Food Festival 2019 (1 Viewer)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I can't remember whether this has already been mentioned earlier in the thread, but make sure you have received an email with your booking confirmation.

The dining club offer interrupts the booking process and my son realised yesterday that he didn't complete the form and therefore had no ticket.

A phone call to Briony at Camperfest got it all sorted :)

Feb 21, 2018
Hull, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail cheyenne
Exp
We will be arriving Thursday 18th April leaving Monday 22nd April. We have booked with Electric but please can we not be near the generator this time. Thanks

OP
OP
Conal
Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Mellors
I will add you to the list. The marshalls will be there from Wednesday so we should know where the generator is located. Please remind the FUN Marshall on the gate of your request when you arrive so that we can do our best to keep you away from it.
Conal

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I have just booked Piccolinos restaurant using the card that was given to those attending the Festival. I had to chase them up because nothing came in the post or via email. Once received I rang the restaurant direct and they had all the details on their system.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Recieved this email this morning, I expect others did too, but it may be of interest.

Dear Camper

It's just two weeks now until our event and we are really looking forward to getting underway. It seems we have been working on this for ages and with a bit of luck we might even have some decent weather. The point of this email is to confirm a few facts you may already know;

1. The winter has been very kind, we have had little rainfall in Chester and the water table is very low. What does this mean, firm ground and good camping. If it stays this way the prospects are good for a great weekend
  2. Rain may intervene between now and your arrival and if it does we will have our tractor on standby on Thursday and Friday for all arrivals and then from Sunday at 4pm and of course all day Monday. On departure we will have two tractors if necessary on the Monday. Hopefully we wont need them at all but if you need them we will have them for you.
  3. The only information you need to bring with you is your email confirmation. You can print it or simply show your phone or i-pad to our check in staff.
  4. When you arrive at check-in we will give you your wristbands, your show guides and all the information you need for the weekend. We do not send them about beforehand because they have a habit of going missing. This is the best way.
  5. If you want to camp with friends the best way to do that is to arrive together or park up and wait for your friends to arrive before checking in. Saving places on the campsite and then people finding you amongst 500 is a difficult task.
  6. When you get your Camperfest programme this has all the times of the Film showings, bar opening and closing, nearby food places, dog shows, quiz night and of course all the highlights of the Food Festival.
  7. Dogs are of course allowed on the campsite but not in the indoor areas at the food show. Please ensure they are on leads and that you clean up after your dog, as all good dog owners do.
  8. You may have BBQ’s on site but these must be off the ground.
Hopefully this covers things you might like to know beforehand and all of these and more are on the CamperFest website under FAQ’s.

We look forward to seeing you in Chester and hope you and your family and friends have a fabulous Easter

Thanks again from the CamperFest Team

drago35uk

Free Member
Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Booked and paid arriving Thurs teatime.:D

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Recieved this email this morning, I expect others did too, but it may be of interest.

Dear Camper

It's just two weeks now until our event and we are really looking forward to getting underway. It seems we have been working on this for ages and with a bit of luck we might even have some decent weather. The point of this email is to confirm a few facts you may already know;

1. The winter has been very kind, we have had little rainfall in Chester and the water table is very low. What does this mean, firm ground and good camping. If it stays this way the prospects are good for a great weekend
  2. Rain may intervene between now and your arrival and if it does we will have our tractor on standby on Thursday and Friday for all arrivals and then from Sunday at 4pm and of course all day Monday. On departure we will have two tractors if necessary on the Monday. Hopefully we wont need them at all but if you need them we will have them for you.
  3. The only information you need to bring with you is your email confirmation. You can print it or simply show your phone or i-pad to our check in staff.
  4. When you arrive at check-in we will give you your wristbands, your show guides and all the information you need for the weekend. We do not send them about beforehand because they have a habit of going missing. This is the best way.
  5. If you want to camp with friends the best way to do that is to arrive together or park up and wait for your friends to arrive before checking in. Saving places on the campsite and then people finding you amongst 500 is a difficult task.
  6. When you get your Camperfest programme this has all the times of the Film showings, bar opening and closing, nearby food places, dog shows, quiz night and of course all the highlights of the Food Festival.
  7. Dogs are of course allowed on the campsite but not in the indoor areas at the food show. Please ensure they are on leads and that you clean up after your dog, as all good dog owners do.
  8. You may have BBQ’s on site but these must be off the ground.
Hopefully this covers things you might like to know beforehand and all of these and more are on the CamperFest website under FAQ’s.

We look forward to seeing you in Chester and hope you and your family and friends have a fabulous Easter

Thanks again from the CamperFest Team
Thankyou Les. I found the same one in my Junk Mail folder, but only because you pointed it out! so worth looking there. It comes from “CamperFest”

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I can't remember whether this has already been mentioned earlier in the thread, but make sure you have received an email with your booking confirmation.

The dining club offer interrupts the booking process and my son realised yesterday that he didn't complete the form and therefore had no ticket.

A phone call to Briony at Camperfest got it all sorted :)
Glad I read that Janine (y) checked our bank statement and no money had gone out although I got an email with confirmation of the dining club voucher the booking had not gone through, anyway all sorted now.

Martin

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
We are no longer Newbie's.
We have booked and MHF form filled in, arriving Thursday and included electric hook up. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Can we be added to the list please?

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Thought I'd paid for my tickets back in November but Briony had no record of it, thanks to the folks on here who mentioned missing tickets, prompted me to check. Rebooked this afternoon and still got the early discount !

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Thought I'd paid for my tickets back in November but Briony had no record of it, thanks to the folks on here who mentioned missing tickets, prompted me to check. Rebooked this afternoon and still got the early discount !

You're welcome :)

I think there may be a few people caught out by the dining voucher cutting into the booking process.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
We have secured lighting for the marquee now, and we will have one of the new defibrillators. Is anyone who is coming trained in their use?

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Yep, I’m FPOS trained but im sure more able and trained people than me will be there

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We have secured lighting for the marquee now, and we will have one of the new defibrillators. Is anyone who is coming trained in their use?
The Gruppenfuhrer might be based on the first aid stuff they do in the fire service?
I will ask her...

Update: The Gruppenfuhrer confirms she has been trained in use of defribrillators, says you don’t need training as it should “talk” you through usage, but she is happy to go through it with peoples if interested.

BTW - whilst my parents @Organplayer player may have booked electric, just in case my facetious remarks may have caused confusion, we have not booked electric.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
Have added ourselves to the list for swimming and advanced swamp manoeuvres. Diving in on Thursday evening most likely.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We are booked from Thursday, but may have to arrive Friday, may be called in as emegency childminders on Thursday

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Now we have lights for the marquee, does anyone want to organise any events, entertainments etc. I believe in previous years there have been cake and bonnet competitions. If so, please let me know so we can schedule it in

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Now we have lights for the marquee, does anyone want to organise any events, entertainments etc. I believe in previous years there have been cake and bonnet competitions. If so, please let me know so we can schedule it in

I've put a few flags in with the lights so if anyone wants one get a tenner to me at Peterborough (y)

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Ok. I ordered one a couple of days ago. I guess you will have posted that already??

Sep 15, 2013
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Hymer b654
Exp
51906957-EAA7-4947-AB15-C4F5BA597BF5.png

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Remember this is British weather your talking abut !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back