Rally Chester food & drink festival 2018 (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
:ta:

Thanks from us two also, to Carol & Eddie, Swansea Jack, and everyone else that put in the effort to make this our first ever Fun Rally a memorable one.
It was great to put faces to Avatar names, although we didnt meet all of you, I am sure we will on our next rallies.
Well thats the new van well & truly christened with mud, the tractor experience was also fun in its own way. Unfortunately, although we intended to stay until Tuesday, there was no hard standing room left, so the show marshal's moved us on, and we didnt get a chance to say cheerio properly.
The 7 hour journey home was much better than the journey to Chester with no heavy rain, hail stones or motorway hold ups.
Looking forward to Peterborough now, although we have been told that can be muddy also:eek:
TinaL will post some photos soon that capture our experience later
Safe travels home everyone, Thanks again to all we met.
Les

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
That's us home and just unpacked the van. Despite the mud we had a great weekend catching up with old friends and new. Thank you to everyone who came and joined in the fun to make the weekend so great. It was especially lovely to meet so many newbies too. See you all again soon xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Wild camping on my aunt's driveway..:) IMG_20180403_120733.jpg

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
That's us home and just unpacked the van. Despite the mud we had a great weekend catching up with old friends and new. Thank you to everyone who came and joined in the fun to make the weekend so great. It was especially lovely to meet so many newbies too. See you all again soon xx

Thank you both for helping it to be a good weekend, and thanks for lending me your lead to get me to the electric.
Hope to catch you soon.
Dave and Kathie

Sep 18, 2017
N. Lincs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks to all who made this a memorable first rally for us. Special thanks to the marshalls and those who put extra work into providing the entertainment whilst we sat and drank wine! We met some lovely people and now know what a “Mr D” can do. Looking forward to Peterborough x

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Did you manage to get off with the winter tyres without the tractor?

Second that question, Paul @haganap did you manage to move at all with the proper winter tyres? (y)

well, yes an interesting question..... The answer I have decided is in the name of the tyres.... They are snow tyres and clearly do not like to associate themselves with getting dirty in the mud...
I had my van off the ground on the leveling jacks so the front wheels didn't touch the ground.. When I put them down and got ready to go I managed to move a lot further than many others (12 inches instead of the 6) before my van sank before my very eyes... However, I must add that I was actually parked in a lake at the time which became so bad I had to swim out of my van.

So alas not really the best comparison to compare due to the severity of the weather and ground as even 4x4 trucks were getting stuck....

I must add that the scooter never got stuck once. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mar 22, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V line 635se
Exp
Caravanner since 1993
Many many thanks to the tireless work and fun put in by the marshalls. Had a great time inspite of the weather. Thanks again for organising a great rally. Great to make new friends of Andy from Sandy and the lovely Linda

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
:thanks5:HI CHESTER FUNSTERS all together you put in £321.00 to the pot I have now sent £107.00 to each of these charity's BREAST CANCER,PROSTATE CANCER, AND TO KATIE'S CHARITY MYASTHENIA THANK YOU ALL :ta:

Great work Ray (y)

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:thanks5:HI CHESTER FUNSTERS all together you put in £321.00 to the pot I have now sent £107.00 to each of these charity's BREAST CANCER,PROSTATE CANCER, AND TO KATIE'S CHARITY MYASTHENIA THANK YOU ALL :ta:

Thank you Ray for all your help, the money raised was brilliant thank you to all the Chester Funsters who made it a successful weekend despite the weather and I have to say a big thank you for all the messages of support and help everyone was great.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back