Rally Chester Easter 9th 13th April 2020. CANCELLED (2 Viewers)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Think if many of us are unable to make Aug and we do not receive a refund (has anyone got a copy of the ts&CD regards none refundable payments), that collectively we give the 2021 version a miss and make our own arrangement for a rally at Easter.
It's here, Carol, but who's to know whether these have been amended recently?https://camperfest.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
It will be interesting as when the initial panic calms down and everyone is home safely when I renewed my travel insurance I asked the question would I be insured in when I am away in the van the response was YES
So maybe I will be testing the waters as the bookings are mounting up.
Just a thought if anyone has annual insurance maybe worth looking at

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Think if many of us are unable to make Aug and we do not receive a refund (has anyone got a copy of the ts&CD regards none refundable payments), that collectively we give the 2021 version a miss and make our own arrangement for a rally at Easter.
I certainly won’t be making any future payments to them if I don’t get my refund. I have well noted the companies/rallies that have refunded with no issue and the ones which haven’t.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Only problem with these dates for Chester it's the same as peterborough show

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
toledo Polly & Dave, The Chester event is bank holiday weekend 27 to 31 August and the Peterborough show is 31 July to 2 August.
Just been looking at an email from Warner's regarding postponed and rearranged events. They are writing to customers that have pre booked shows that are being moved, offering them either a Transfer of booking to the new date, or a refund !!.
If they can do it why not Camperfest!!
Know who's shows I will look at first next year. God Willing !

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Just been looking at an email from Warner's regarding postponed and rearranged events. They are writing to customers that have pre booked shows that are being moved, offering them either a Transfer of booking to the new date, or a refund !!.
As it should be - I too will happily book Warner’s again knowing my money is safe but not Camperfest. I am not sure what Campfest is doing is actually legal despite what it says about its T&C and will be taking it further if I don’t get a refund. I am having enough of a problem with a deposit for a holiday in Canada as it is even tho their government has declared the cruise ship will not be allowed to dock the Travel company has gone to gone with generic voice messages giving no real information.

Sep 15, 2013
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Hymer b654
Exp
Just found this should help with refunds.

Attachments

• B907031B-A650-4A57-8E1B-81AEF6DE7802.png
    B907031B-A650-4A57-8E1B-81AEF6DE7802.png
    281.3 KB · Views: 32
Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi,
Sent email to Camperfest yesterday to request refund. Got reply today saying I was added to
the waiting list for a refund. Those on the list will be reimbursed. (y)
Mew.

Last edited:

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Hi,
Sent email to Camperfest yesterday to request refund. Got reply today saying I was added to
the waiting list for a refund. Those on the list will be reimbursed. (y)
Mew.
Hi Mew

I have just contacted them to confirm and they said that this is not quite correct. The money can now be transferred to August or Easter 21. You can ask to be put on a refund waiting list instead and if they get extra bookings for August then they will make the refund as the new people pay.

So not holding my breath!

Thanks

Dawn

Agzy

Free Member
Jan 6, 2020
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E410
Exp
I have not had an email and have other plans in August (2 family weddings) so how do I get a refund?

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Just our take on refunds in the current climate, we have a lot of bookings over the next 6 months which obviously are not going to happen, rather than refunds we are taking vouchers for another date.
If all these companies have to give refunds we as a country will have a lot of companies going bust and then you'll have nothing, plus a lot of people will lose their jobs.

Think about the long bigger picture guys and the future.....

BossHog

Free Member
Jul 31, 2018
Fylde Coast
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki
Just our take on refunds in the current climate, we have a lot of bookings over the next 6 months which obviously are not going to happen, rather than refunds we are taking vouchers for another date.
If all these companies have to give refunds we as a country will have a lot of companies going bust and then you'll have nothing, plus a lot of people will lose their jobs.

I would think the refund requests for this event would be minimal in the bigger scheme of things, though if a new date offered clashes with another event you are committed too why would one not be entitled to request a refund due to the date changing, after all I booked and committed to a fixed date. I know it’s unusual circumstances though commitments are just that, commitments.... most organisers of events of this scale will no doubt be covered by insurance, though If you can’t make the new date you can’t make it.

Sep 15, 2013
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Hymer b654
Exp
Anyone who wants a refund should contact STAR the society of ticker agents and retailers.
trading standards as well. They cannot refuse you a refund. The BBC said if an event is moved and you cannot make the new date you should be entitled to a refund.
also if bought on a card you bank might give you a refund.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
I have not had an email and have other plans in August (2 family weddings) so how do I get a refund?
I emailed them to say I couldn’t make the postponed date and asked for a refund. They have said I am on a waiting list and MAY get a refund depending on how the sales for August will go. Will not be leaving it at that!

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year

I partly agree and have accepted some postponement dates when I can make them and have also accepted in some cases I will be unable to get deposits back etc. However when I am unable to make the postponement date is it not fair that I should get a refund automatically never mind having to ask and chase them?

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I have been out to Van opened the door and the skylight and in the spirit of food festival am having lunch in the garden chair out and maybe even a glass of wine and a good read may even cut the grass once I have finished picking the dandelions :wine:

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011

May make a contribution to this discussion,
Last year I had booked Chester Food and Drink Festival, as it ticks all my boxes, Chester is one of favourite Cities, the vent is one of my favourites, the event is one of my favourites and finally . . It's run by two of my favourite peoplr !!!!!,

My plan was to fit the show in on my way back from Spain, unfortunately I had problems with the MH and it became apparant that I wouldn't make it to Chester, I emailed the organisers to inform them that I wouldn't be arriving due to the problems stated and that I didn't expect any refund as the fault was mine, and the info was purely to avoid their staff and our Marshalls looking for me to arrive,

I received a lovely courteous email back, thanking me for letting them know, and how sorry they were to hear of my problems, and don't worry " we'll sort something out for next year (2020) ", to my very great surprise on booking this year's show, I received an email from them bringing up the situation I've just outlined together with a very warm welcome and a discount code covering the fee !!!!,

This Robbie, is the other side of the picture not portrayed by your pre analysis of " if we don't get a refund, boycot it and start our own meet !!!!!," and in turn portrays that of a decent and genuine company to deal with,

Can I also point out that this, is already OUR meet, organised by Carol and under the auspices of MotorhomeFun,

Ken

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back