Chemical Toilet Fluid (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Has anyone use Mac a Loo toilet fluid. At less than £2 A litre it semms good vaue and It's Formaldehyde free. Tempted to buy some and see but thought maybe someone knows something about it.

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
No need to have the cost of any toilet fluid if you invested in a SOG. Had mine two years now and works a treat, no fluid costs, no smells, totally green.

OP
OP
andyman
Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
At the thick end of a £100 it's far more expensive than fluid. I use Thetford fluid and when bought on offer it's £14 for 4 litres which last us about 12 months. Unless I were to switch the sog each time I change M/H based on 3 years ownership fluid £43 sog £95, net loss of £50. It's a no brainer for me. But then I'm just tight.

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Has anyone use Mac a Loo toilet fluid. At less than £2 A litre it semms good vaue and It's Formaldehyde free. Tempted to buy some and see but thought maybe someone knows something about it.

Can you get fries with that??:ROFLMAO:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
At the thick end of a £100 it's far more expensive than fluid. I use Thetford fluid and when bought on offer it's £14 for 4 litres which last us about 12 months. Unless I were to switch the sog each time I change M/H based on 3 years ownership fluid £43 sog £95, net loss of £50. It's a no brainer for me. But then I'm just tight.

Andy
Make your own SOG for a few quid, easy and cheap and works. Thread on here somewhere

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
made my own sog and put details on here, total cost zero but if you bought all patrs it would cost 3ins comp fan £6 micro switch £4 and a bath overflow £3 and asuming you have some glue about £13 in total
terry

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

While on the subject SOG, I don't know if its just my unluck but i have been unfortunate to to have been waiting to empty my Elson cassette behind someone emptying their cassette who had a SOG or that type of item fitted and there was a smell and it left nothing to your imagination, perhaps they weren't using the equipment correctly but i still feel that some sort of additive that masks the smell when emptying is a good ideal ???? or I have i just been unlucky.

We use what ever we can purchase the cheapest that will mask the smell when the toilet is being used and when its being emptied, and that is usually some form of cheap disinfectant or we have used the Bio powder that you are supposed to add to your washing machine to get the stains out, they normally work a treat, it just a matter of trial and error until you find something that masks the smell and is acceptable to you. but I also think it is important to smell reasonable when being emptied.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
A sog prevents noxious smells entering the van, it does nothing to deodorise the crap. If putting up with the smell when empying bothers you wear a perfume impregnated face mask and try to empty when no one else is around. The formaldahide in Blue loo is dangerous to the environment so should be avoided.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
"formaldahide in Blue" I belive it is no longer allowed to be used and all chemicals for the loo are E/friendly now.S--t stinks so as wildman says wear a mask or hold your breath:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

owlgirl

Free Member
Jul 7, 2008
Funster No
one of the best things we bought (SOG) no nasty niffs in the van now.

we found that the liquid has lost all the nice smell and only worked for a short spell then I used to put more in to try and avoid this happening

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Its a small fan and a venting system for your thetford cassette, not much use to those with American RVs. Basically your waste is broken down naturally without the need for chemicals. The fan comes on when you flush and extracts air out through a carbon filter and thats stops smells coming into the van!

It is German of course and excellent.

COURTESY OF THE 2ESCAPEES.Link Removed

paul&stella

Free Member
Jul 6, 2008
Funster No
I'm so glad someone else asked what a SOG was so I didn't have to show my ignorance!
So on this delicate subject, i have always used bio-degradable cleaning products in my house, can I use these in the motorhome to clean the bathroom generally?
Also, we are just about (tonight!) to buy our first second hand motorhome, and though it is immaculate I did notice that some bits of the white plastic loo fittings were slightly yellow stained, which I'm guessing (hoping) comes from using ordinary household bleach which would make plastic turn yellow after a time. Anyone got any ideas how to turn these plastic bits back to white or would it be a better idea to buy a new loo - how much?

W

Wresting

Deleted User
Stained plastic

Hi,
If the yellow staining is only on the surface, use a metal polish (e.g. Brasso) to get it off. This works on most plastics.
It's also possible to buy pvc solvent cleaner, but you have to be careful with this: wipe across the surface with a cloth dabbed with the stuff - if the liquid stays on, it can soften the plastic and cause wipe marks to be left behind.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
diy sog

here are some pics of my diy sog, should be self explained
terry

Attachments

• Photo-0003.jpg
    Photo-0003.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Photo-0004.jpg
    Photo-0004.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Photo-0005.jpg
    Photo-0005.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 33
  • Photo-0006.jpg
    Photo-0006.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 32

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
and a couple more, The 2 x 2 ins fans were replaced by a single 3 ins one
CARBON FILTER from cooker hood
BATH OVERFLOW X 2
MICRO SWITCH
SLIMLINE FACE FIX ELECTRIC BOX & BLANKING PLATE
3 INS COMPUTER FAN
Fix micro switch so that when blade on loo is opened it turns on the fan,make sure fan isextracting to the outside-blow smoke into loo-:ROFLMAO:

with thanks to Vicadicdoc without his imput I would never had tried this. It was completed almost 2 yrs ago without a problem.
terry

Attachments

• Photo-0007.jpg
    Photo-0007.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Photo-0008.jpg
    Photo-0008.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 17

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire