bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hiya, I am so pleased that my baking was well received yesterday :Smile: I was asked several times for the recipe, so here it is.... To make about 20

8oz Flour (plain)
2oz Butter (chilled)
5oz Cheese (I use a hard Spanish cheese
16g sachet Baking powder (perhaps you could use SR flour instead, only seen plain here!)
2 Eggs
Paprika (however much you fancy) Water to bind.

Sieve the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl, grate (I use a fine grater) the butter into the flour mixing in with a flat bladed knife) grate in the cheese, add Paprika to suit yourself, mix with the knife, crack in the eggs, mix and add just enough cold water to bind.

With nice clean hands rolls into balls about 3cm across. Squidge, to a thickness of 1cm ish and place on a greased tray, they will spread and rise. Bake until they are golden brown. They keep well for two days :winky:

I cooked mine in a standard Remoska, on a round tray that fits on the rack, some folk have a shallow pan with theirs and that would be great too. They took 10 - 15 mins and I did 6 at a time. Jane :Cool:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
They were lovely Jane. I can't wait to get the ingredients and have a go. I will try them in my oven and in my double skillet and see how they go. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Just going to sing more praises. I have, of course been using my Remoska regularly since we got home, I barely use our oven! Yesterday I did roast a chicken in it and last week I did a stew and fancied dumplings so make them and blobbed the mix in and made the decision to leave them above the stew so they went crispy on top. Lovely ::bigsmile: Tonight though I tried something new. I made some ruff puff pastry lined a sandwich cake tin that fits the Remoska pan nicely, I put it in the pan, switched on and let it cook off a bit, not much shrinkage. Diced half a red onion, put some on the pastry base, added the tinned salmon and the rest of the onion, topped with two quartered boiled eggs and some dollops of soft cheese (I could have used a white sauce or condensed soup) covered with a pastry lid and set the Remoska to go again. I hate to waste the pastry so the little I had left I grated some cheese into, made a twisted ribbon of pastry and put the round the edge of the pie too. Baked until golden and served with salad. Yummy. So tasty! :Smile: Jane

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Don't let Jane mislead you, I just made some of these using self raising flour, and margarine instead of butter and one thing is obvious, they will [HI]NOT[/HI] last two days:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bee

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
BobandJane

Oh my they sound fantastic will have to have a look at this cooker:shout:renda

Brenda