LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
Checked the continuity of the cable this morning and didn't really get any clear results, so decided to complete a more detailed trace of the cable from the panel to the regulator, after running down the back of the oven and fridge it exits through the floor and transits the door/step outside the van along with a bunch of other cables, while "down under" I found the cable had been joined for some reason. When I poked and pulled the cable to get a better idea of how good the connections were I found this...

DSC_5439.JPG

I guess that might be the issue...

I've ordered a shunt thing and a bunch of MC4 connectors as the connections "up top" are the same as those you can see above, so I want to replace those too, but I will need to get hold of some cable to suit, the current cable's outer casing is 8mm and I can't see anything on flea bay that would match, could anyone advise?

Thank you for all your help so far.

Cheers
Red, Chris and Bannock

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
That could be it! Has it been cut or come adrift from a connection?

My 250W solar cable only needed to be a 4mm core. At 8mm outer you could have 6mm cable and it needs to be a flex to avoid vibrations breaking it,

OP
OP
RedFrame

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
That could be it! Has it been cut or come adrift from a connection?

My 250W solar cable only needed to be a 4mm core. At 8mm outer you could have 6mm cable and it needs to be a flex to avoid vibrations breaking it,

It looks like a tardy job, the outer has been cut badly and it looks like they nicked the inner cable allowing water ingress and subsequent corrosion.

The cable they've used is 8mm outer with twin core.

Cheers
Red.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back