Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
We are planning a trip to the Italian Lakes, for the first time, so we will be travelling up the sides of the likes of Lake Como, Iseo and Maggiore. Is there a way, such as in Google maps, of checking the routes for tunnels and their heights

TIA

OP
OP
Clickem

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
We normally use CoPilot, and have the old Caravan Version which had the ability to input vehicle sizes, which is now not supported/updated. We use the updated version which has new maps but cannot input vehicle size. I still have both versions on the tablet and could try the "plan a trip" feature in the old version, and see if it sees any low tunnels

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
check carefully toll charges through the tunnels before planning the route.

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
get a proper satnav with the entering vehicle size option on it, expensive but a little bit better than dealing with the damage

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
thinking of getting a cheap chinese one just for the heights and using tom tom rest of the time.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
There are numerous tunnels but none should cause you a problem unless your in a double decker routemaster.
What is it your concerned about with tunnels ?
Edit, just read again, low tunnels ?
No there are none that should be a problem, trucks and buses use all main routes. If you go "off piste" they will be signposted.
Potholes are more of a concern in italy :(

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
What height are you ?

Unless over 3.5m i can't see any issues, coaches use these roads unless you want to go way off piste ? and in that case a MH is a bad idea in those areas, some i struggle on with my bike.

Feb 4, 2016
uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
10 years
check carefully toll charges through the tunnels before planning the route.
We normally use CoPilot, and have the old Caravan Version which had the ability to input vehicle sizes, which is now not supported/updated. We use the updated version which has new maps but cannot input vehicle size. I still have both versions on the tablet and could try the "plan a trip" feature in the old version, and see if it sees any low tunnels
Not used Co pilot since last May.....has it changed?......can you not use the dimensions anymore?
Any other issues?
TIA

OP
OP
Clickem

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
The original Caravan version is no longer supported, so the choice was either stay with old version which has outdated maps, or change to the newer version which does not support sizes

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back