Not a good idea I believe. You may have "overdosed" your alarm.I bought one off eBay , but didn't know if it worked or not as the flashing lights were flashing green but the digital display never said anything but 0 so got it down and held it behind the exhaust on Julie's petrol car and it went off and straight up to 999 so presume it is working, don't know what it is supposed to read though as the instructions were very vague, anyway couldn't stop it flashing red then so took batteries out and it went back to flashing green.
Carbon monoxide (CO, not CO2) alarms usually have a blinking green LED to indicate that they're functioning. The blink rate is pretty slow (to preserve the battery presumably) so you may have to watch for a while. The test button with check the state of the batteries by squealing at you.There is a co2 alarm on our new(secondhand) camper how do we check its working?
Yeah that's what mine did, can't see as it's b........d by just letting it sniff what it's supposed to do, but can't see why it never gets above 0 there must be a change sometime surelyWith mine, I remove and replace the batteries. I then get one beep to tell me it is working OK if I get a number of beeps it is time for replacing.
It may not be b*ggered but the common type use fuel cell technology and the reagents in the fuel cell gradually get used up. The more CO they're exposed to, the more quickly the fuel cell chemicals get exhausted (no pun intended).Yeah that's what mine did, can't see as it's b........d by just letting it sniff what it's supposed to do, but can't see why it never gets above 0 there must be a change sometime surely