Check the box under seat has all it should have! (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
just changed 5 tyres on our motorhome (details in another thread).
Before going to the garage, I decided to get the tools out for lowering the cradle underneath with the spare tyre in. Found a large plastic box under the front passenger seat containing the Jack, spanner wrench, extension bars etc but the actual tool for fitting into the cradle and the other end into the extension bar was missing!! There are 2 clips inside the box where it should be located. This is the first time I have opened this box in the 6 years we have had our motorhome, bought new.
So, probably worth checking if your jack etc is located like this as the tool is the main bit for lowering the cradle. We were as far away as Venice last year, pleased we didn't have a puncture!
Called at our supplying dealer and they gave us a new tool no questions asked. Motorhome is a 61 plate Bessacarr E560 on the Fiat X250.
Thanks
Paul

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Also if you have A Class do check you have the correct towing eye, the standard Fiat one is often too short for an A Class.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I am a bit surprised that you waited 6 years to have a look or even practice changing a wheel, I certainly did within a few months of getting the van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back