Free Member
Mar 13, 2017
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hi,

I was chatting to someone on another thread who pointed out I might need a bigger payload for our family of 4 going touring. I got my licence in 2000 so don't have C1 on my licence.

What is the cheapest way to go about doing this? I think I need to take two theory tests and a practical - yuck! And my wife would want to do it too - so any way to do it cheap would be appreciated!

I'm a teacher and have had a volunteer minibus licence but can't get that to count more broadly sadly.

Cheers,
Kevin.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
As far as I'm aware both theory & practical tests are charged at a standard rate, the only additional cost might be if you & your wife require additional professional driving tuition in order to pass the C1 category.

Here's an example of the practical test costs including additional tuiton : http://www.totaldriving.net/lgv-hgv-training/category/c1-training/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Cheaper than I thought it would be.

Schoolteacher: mmmmm can you get them to buy a 17 seater minibus. Any other vehicles that they might need driving. Would they not be better off having a fully trained driver so that the kids are better catered for. Promise you ll stay with them for a number of years etc

GOt to be worth asking the question !

Upvote 0
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Reactions: GBS
Upvote 0

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
That's is cheap not found anyone so cheap near me all 1k plus

It's just a random example I found on the 'net, I had no idea it is so expensive having gained my C1 for free when I passed my car test way back in 1979 :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Hi,

I was chatting to someone on another thread who pointed out I might need a bigger payload for our family of 4 going touring. I got my licence in 2000 so don't have C1 on my licence.

What is the cheapest way to go about doing this? I think I need to take two theory tests and a practical - yuck! And my wife would want to do it too - so any way to do it cheap would be appreciated!

I'm a teacher and have had a volunteer minibus licence but can't get that to count more broadly sadly.

Cheers,
Kevin.

Can you pull a small trailer on your license? you can use this to carry all your bulky heavier stuff and lighten the load in your van?

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Can you pull a small trailer on your license? you can use this to carry all your bulky heavier stuff and lighten the load in your van?
Without looking up the bits and pieces on this, if this is legal ( i know the bit about the small trailer on a small car) then this is a genius idea.
Couple of points to check up on before it is a confirmed genuis point. Ensure you dont need a licence for the small tugger and does the weight of the tugger be added to your van making it overweight ?
If legit it will cost a bit more on the ferries i think.
Nice question @Jimbohorlicks

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back