Cheapest way anyone please? (1 Viewer)

neveleven

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Funster No
Ok, so time is ticking towards our first trip abroad, setting off in 2 weeks when the kids break up. Does anyone have a cheap ferry crossing they know about please? The departure/ arrival destination is unimportant as long as we reach somewhere on the continent!

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I think its a question of keep checking out the P&O, seafrance and Norfolk line websites. Remember to delete your cookies after each enquiry for a price. Alternately if you wanna go cheap then you could do the following.
Look for night ferries, they are normally dirt cheap but at silly o clock. We got one for £29 each way at 3am. You could then pay the £10 change of booking fee to get a more sensible time. Be warned this does not always work but has never let us down when we have used it to come back.
You could use tesco vouchers. Unfortunately they have stopped doing them for the france crossing but you can use them at the tunnel.

we are off in 5 weeks or 34 days and cant wait. where are you going?

geofliz

Free Member
Feb 3, 2008
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
L P Coachbuilt
Exp
3 years. 29 as a tugger
Never used them but most of my friends seem to think that Norfolk Lines are the best. Enjoy your holidays france is great!:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Caravan Club

Try Google "Cheap Ferries" and if you are in the CC try a comparrison as I have found that they are a few £ cheaper. I always book Dover/Calais for 0200 and turn up early evening and always get a place. If I don't, I just pull into somewhere for a short nap either at Dover or Calais as there are stopovers. Not ideal with children on board I suppose. Most travellers are not aware of a FREE overnight stopover at Lee Mill just short of Plymouth and 1 mile for a TESCO supertore. Handy if crossing to Roscoff!!as the port is less thyan 1/2 hr away. Enjoy the trip. I'm off in Mid August for 2 months.:thumb:

Frankia

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We cross regularly and have sometimes found booking via the CC cheaper than direct to Sea France P&O or Norfolk lines direct. Also have found the Motorhome ticket club sometimes cheaper (membership is free).

The last couple of times we have had better deals from the bucket shops. Just do a Google on "Cheap ferry tickets" and put your intended sailing times in to the forms you will see on each site - you will be surprised at the difference in price for the same sailing times on the same vessel!

Before you go though find out if any of your passengers are sea sick - if so it would be a good idea to pay the extra for the tunnel or at least go for the shortest journey.

Also see YouTube - Calais - Dover Ferry

:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
N

neveleven

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Funster No
Ok, thanks for all the advice. Eventually booked this sat on Norfolk Lines. Gonna try eastern France, down to the black forest, and maybe Switzerland, before returning up the west coast of France! Excited!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back