Cheapest lpg 26p a litre (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
I have argued this point before with the forecourt price, no fuel duty as I am using it for heating my van only.
The answer I got from the cashier was that the oil companies can't be bothered to adjust the pump prices for heating only purchase and that not enough people complain

Carvers is a supplier of LPG for all sorts of uses, bulk, bottled etc and can charge the appropriate rate of tax according to the use.

Garage forecourts are retailers of road fuel and will not have the capability in their system for varying rates of tax, absolutely no point in arguing with forecourt attendants.

Of course they could put up separate pumps for non road use as some garages do for rebated diesel but I won't hold my breath as lots of garages are stopping LPG sales altogether from what I read.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I give up with humans !!! I was exited to share a rareity
My dog says thanks. The two cats say they don’t care, but that’s cats for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
That's why I love you lot.
A Funster comes on here with all good intentions to let all and sundry know about an absolute bargain.

And within a few posts it turns in to a discussion about the weight of it.

Couldn't make it up if I tried.
Try the Brexit thread.

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
Thank you, but I would rather lick peanut butter off my aunties ingrowing toe nail than visit that woulda shoulda coulda load of b*******.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Just rang to ask and they are saying 48.4 pence per litre but they are stopping doing Autogas at all at the end of this month as not viable anymore :(

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
That's why I love you lot.
A Funster comes on here with all good intentions to let all and sundry know about an absolute bargain.
And within a few posts it turns in to a discussion about the weight of it.
Couldn't make it up if I tried.
Yep, but it's tad more useful than all the bored Funsters who are occupying themselves by posting on another thread that their ACSI book has been delivered. Interestingly (xroll:), we learn that when the books for one or two of them arrived they were damp!! :eek:

Fascinating. :rolleyes:

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Andy's Gas near Bristol has two prices for his LPG. One for LPG used to fuel / drive a vehicle and one for LPG used for heating / cooking (domestic);
Unlike diesel which is dyed red for non road vehicles the gas isn't dyed so one could pay the cheaper price but use it to power a road vehicle..............:unsure:

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
Yep, but it's tad more useful than all the bored Funsters who are occupying themselves by posting on another thread that their ACSI book has been delivered. Interestingly (xroll:), we learn that when the books for one or two of them arrived they were damp!! :eek:

Fascinating. :rolleyes:
Only a tad though.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Unlike diesel which is dyed red for non road vehicles the gas isn't dyed so one could pay the cheaper price but use it to power a road vehicle..............:unsure:
Or the supplier could charge it out as road fuel & put it through the books as cooking/heating:)

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Just rang to ask and they are saying 48.4 pence per litre but they are stopping doing Autogas at all at the end of this month as not viable anymore :(
Now that is disconcerting news. I tend to go there more often than not, to refill. There is one at Dudley, not too far away, but goodness knows they do seem to be dwindling. (n)

Wyn

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Now that is disconcerting news. I tend to go there more often than not, to refill. There is one at Dudley, not too far away, but goodness knows they do seem to be dwindling. (n)

Wyn
We ran our Winnebago on lpg but it was more trouble than it was worth with all the messing around trying to find lpg and then it wasn’t very often at a good price !
We are geared up for refillable and Calor on our Motorhome as I like to keep our options open, fill my own cylinders too which upsets some :xrofl:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Saw some on the autobahn today at 95c per litre it was a Shell station though and they seem thedearest for fuel as well at€1.75

Aug 15, 2018
Poynton, East Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
When I lived on my narrowboat I used Calor propane and once a year had to sign a declaration stating how it was to be used as non-propulsion use, I.e. cooking and heating, is zero rated for VAT. I always claimed 100% domestic use. One 13kg Calor exchange bottle cost £27.50. Last week I refilled two 11kg bottles for £26.66.

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
How much is usual price in UK please ?

Varies a lot - I pay about 60p a litre at the moment. Most expensive I've seen was a services on the M5 who wanted 89p a litre, but in contrast Knutsford North services on the M6 are usually fairly reasonable.

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014

Wyn

Hilton Autogas in Featherstone, just off J1 of the M54, shouldn't be too far away from you and he is very unlikely to stop selling gas in a hurry. He does tell me his volumes have gone down but car conversions were formerly his business so he has many longstanding customers, including me, who use a lot more LPG than a motorhome does! They're at the back of the petrol station, just down from the Red, White & Blue (a pub) - you go into the petrol station to get a fob before you fill.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
1109F29D-B563-4C6C-8021-DA9DBF66690C.jpeg
just got a refill of 13kg propane bottle for my garage - £34.50!

Safer than a lot of fitted refillable cylinders :xrofl:

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Domestic LPG for heating and so on is plus VAT at 5%. We pay around 30P per litre when we have our bulk tank filled.

Drive the MH to the nearest location that sells it to get the underslung tank filled and we pay 55P per litre.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back