cheapest elecsol batteries

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by gazznsam, Jun 18, 2009.

1. gazznsam

gazznsam

Ratings:
    +0
    if i ever sell my motorbike (hoping one of the 3 people who are interested in it will buy it) first thing i buy are some new leisure batteries.

i've decided to go for broke, and get a couple of big elecsols, they have a 1000 cycle life, and i know that's true as i wore mine out only after 8 years of use, it had powered me first motorhome for 4 years, then my current one for 2 years, and then 2 years starting the vans engine, as i'd got some cheapo batteries to make up a 460 AH battery bank for £120, and needed a new starter battery, so used the elecsol i no longer used.

it was a mistake to use the cheapo batteries for my power needs, so now it's time to rectify that, and fit a couple of decent ones that should see me through the next 5 or more years.

So i want to buy 2 of the 270 AH jobbies, that's the biggest ones they do, searching the net finds prices ranging from £269 to £350 each, i havent tried asking for a discount for buying 2 yet, as i am wondering if anyone has seen these batteries at a cheaper price?

idealy somewhere in the midlands kinda area as i want to collect em rather than hope a courier wont dammage them,

Are any of the firms that give us funsters discounts resellers of elecsols? if so, whats your prices for 2 of the 270Ah ones?

2. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

Ratings:
    +2,422
    I had 2 x 110 Ah Elecsols supplied and fitted by Dave Newell (trade member). See his ad at the top right of the home page.

Philip

3. Kon tiki

Kon tiki

Ratings:
    +0
    Last time I called them direct (0800 16 32 98) & got the best price, I was willing to collect as they aren't that far from me (Neston, South Wirral) but they delivered them free the next day. I did find them a bt abrupt some times but eventually got somebody to give me a good deal.