Cheapest 2 & 8 Day test anyone? (1 Viewer)

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like where men were free."

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like where men were free."

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety
And here endeth today's lesson amen ::bigsmile:

onemanand2dogs

Free Member
Mar 31, 2017
Knaresborough / Begur
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLX
Exp
since 2017
Best price I have found so far is Randox at £96 for day 2 and day 8 and you can use the coupon flyryanair to get another £10 off so £86 but you have to drop the tests off at one of their dropboxes

Otherwise <Broken link removed> do it for £99 including postage.

We are coming back to the UK next week so need to book it before we get on the Eurotunnel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

onemanand2dogs

Free Member
Mar 31, 2017
Knaresborough / Begur
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLX
Exp
since 2017
Day 2 & 8 PCR tests £84 Inc return shipping, results within 24hrs after receipt to lab. They also do all other tests.
www.Dantelabs.co.uk
Can I ask if you have used them? they are certainly cheap but when i clicked on the link i had a Fakespot warning message.

Also the website is lacking in detail especially contact addresses. Then I googled them and found this feedback on Trustpilot

I think that they may be a scam

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Given the bad publicity a lot of these testing firms have received, surely you should be asking which firm is the most reliable/trustworthy rather than just the cheapest?
Cheap labour isn't good labour, good labour isn't cheap.

onemanand2dogs

Free Member
Mar 31, 2017
Knaresborough / Begur
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLX
Exp
since 2017
Given the bad publicity a lot of these testing firms have received, surely you should be asking which firm is the most reliable/trustworthy rather than just the cheapest?
Randox are being pushed by Ryanair and are pretty well known
Testing for all is recommended by Martin Lewis MSE and have 4.5 stars on Trustpilot

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
Day 2 & 8 PCR tests £84 Inc return shipping, results within 24hrs after receipt to lab. They also do all other tests.
www.Dantelabs.co.uk
I paid £58 to Dante Labs for a day 2 test for when I got back from the Champions League Final… Got the kit and duly sent it to them on my return in the pre-paid box… I still haven’t had the results after sending it back on May 31st

I claimed a refund from my credit card company after giving up trying to contact Dante by mail, phone and social media

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
Correct… From my experience, forget Dante Labs

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Managed to find RT Diagnostics £79 but out of stock.

Next is £99
I used RT Diagnostics a couple of weeks ago, the kits arrived promptly but the day 2 test result never arrived! Day 8 was better, the result arrived 8pm on day 10. I'd read the reviews and knew they were mostly bad but just went for the cheapest as it seemed hit and miss with a lot of the companies and my thinking was after day 10 I was finished isolating, results or not. I managed to get some antigen tests which I took regularly during my self-isolating period so I was happy that I did not have the virus. I also was fully vaccinated (in Spain with the Pfizer jabs) and had an antigen test 48 hours before leaving Spain. It all seems to be a waste of time and designed merely to stop people going abroad for their holidays when you consider the spread of the Delta virus in the UK.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
I used RT Diagnostics a couple of weeks ago, the kits arrived promptly but the day 2 test result never arrived! Day 8 was better, the result arrived 8pm on day 10. I'd read the reviews and knew they were mostly bad but just went for the cheapest as it seemed hit and miss with a lot of the companies and my thinking was after day 10 I was finished isolating, results or not. I managed to get some antigen tests which I took regularly during my self-isolating period so I was happy that I did not have the virus. I also was fully vaccinated (in Spain with the Pfizer jabs) and had an antigen test 48 hours before leaving Spain. It all seems to be a waste of time and designed merely to stop people going abroad for their holidays when you consider the spread of the Delta virus in the UK.
I think you hit the nail on the hard with your last sentence

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I think you hit the nail on the hard with your last sentence
I forgot to mention track and trace, never received one visit or telephone call the whole time I was self-isolating. In fairness, the couple I travelled back with did get a few calls and a visit but I seemed to have slipped under the radar.

Aug 8, 2018
Funster No
MH
No longer own one.
Exp
2017-2022
Just back from a week in Spain visiting first grandchild.
Spanish PCR test at hospital in Teulada. Quick - easy.
Using Boots the Chemists for uk 2 & 8 day test ( ordered & received kits before leaving Uk)
Not cheap but needed 5 day Test to Release (yesterday )in store, so handy locally.
( be aware that Boots use Royal Mail for your at-home days 2 & 8 tests - if weekend involved they do not deliver to labs on Sundays - so may involve extra 24 hrs before results received)
Otherwise very efficient - not as cheap as others mentioned, but no complaints at all.
Track & Trace seem pretty active - we arrived home 1.45am - chap at front door at 10.am checking on just one of us. Phone calls to both of us later the same day and daily call each every day since.

Feb 5, 2020
Stone, Staffs.
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2017
My son is coming home next month from Canada where he lives, he had day 2 & 8 kits sent to us so are ready for when he gets here, however... I was wondering if anyone had any experience of any walk-in centres available on a weekend for his possible 5th day test?

Aug 8, 2018
Funster No
MH
No longer own one.
Exp
2017-2022
Mr Librium - You can book on line for 5 day TTR with Boots - if there's one near you that does them - theirs a list on line.

Alonthemove

Free Member
Jun 23, 2021
Shrewsbury, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
20 years
I can't help thinking it's all a scare tactic and moneymaking exercise. We had tests in Dubai in a state if the art medical centre. Results returned within 24hrs £30.

Reactions: SMB
Feb 5, 2020
Stone, Staffs.
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2017
Mr Librium - You can book on line for 5 day TTR with Boots - if there's one near you that does them - theirs a list on line.
Thanks, just checked with Boots and they still have to send the test away for checking which would be the next day as his 5th day is on a Sunday, and then up to 48 hours for a result. Turns out there is a service at our local'ish airport which offer a day 5 quarantine release!
https://www.collinsongroup.com/en/c...061042a5#test5584611b069e46af923fa83f27b32ce0

Feb 5, 2020
Stone, Staffs.
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2017
So if we leave Spain on the overnight ferry, does the time start when we leave Spain, enter England or arrive home?
The time starts the day after you arrive in England, assuming you start isolating straight away.

Jun 7, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace Liner
Exp
Since 1980
John, you will need a PCR test 72hr before you travel to UK via Brittany ferries, you will need to fill in your locater form with the obvious and
the code you will be sent, from the people you have booked your day 2 and day 8 test, Those are the rules but as we all know it depends on the day whether the port authorities can be bothered to ask, but if you test Positive on your PCR you cant travel, if you haven't got the code for your day 2 and day 8 test they can refuse boarding,
as for phoning you when your home, thats random, But worst case, My college flew home under above rules, on day 9 he was told he had to do two more test, (his cost) and isolate for another 14 days, as some on the same plane tested positive. Make sure you sleep in your own cabin !!!!

Reactions: SMB
Aug 12, 2020
Chester
Funster No
MH
Van conversion.
Exp
We had an essential family trip to Holland. Used Boots for pre-departure (£99). Got the result back within 24 hours but I found their web site clumsy in that one system (with email address and password) for the Covid data entry (passport, etc) and to get the results back and a separate one (with email address and password) to pay for it.

No quarantine in NL because visiting family (3 days later 10 days quarantine for all!). Pre-departure in NL was fast and efficient (€89).

2-, 5- and 8-days test with Randox-Health (£144 with discount for me and £180 a week earlier for my partner; you need the 2-day/8-day code for your locator form). Got 2-day back within 24 hours (dropped off morning, receipt logged at 03:30, result at 09:00). Submitted 5-day yesterday morning in one of their boxes, email registering receipt at 09;30 this morning, result this afternoon I hope.

For the last few years I travelled extensively for work. Passport, visa (if needed) and phone (with plane ticket somewhere on it) and off I went. This trip felt bizarrely stressful . . . did I have all the right paperwork/tests/etc? Any "illegal" imports of alcohol, meat, etc. in the van? Any unknown reason they could say "no"?

I've been called every day by Track and Test (although not yet today).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back