• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD cheap tow car with A frame (1 Viewer)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
This is a car I bought from a fellow member last year with the intention of giving it to my daughter after I finished using it. Apparently it has no street cred or something similar. However it is in good solid condition and a mechanic who serviced it and changed the rear brake pads commented on just how good it was underneath with no rust. It will have a new mot on the 1st of June and neither I nor the mechanic can see any reason why it wont pass

The car is an X registered vauxhall agila 1.2 litre in silver, which is basically a corsa with a taller bodyshell. It has a cavernous boot that swallows brenda's scooter, a table, 2 chairs and loads more. 5 doors and seats and comfortable to drive. It has central locking, power steering and air conditioning. One fault I know of but never bothered me is the radio/cd is not working. If I was to keep it, I would fit a new head unit with bluetooth for hands free phone

I am struggling to remember the exact mileage but believe it around 92 thousand miles. It still starts first turn of the key and runs drives and stops without fault

the outside needs a good clean and polish but comes up very nice. Remember though, this is an older car and is not pristine. However it benefits from a fitted A frame and electrics. It tows without a fault and the frame and brackets have their own storage bag

I will try and get some photos tomorrow, but we are away on Wednesday for a week, back after Thetford meet

I am looking for just £800 as that is what it owes me and I would like a fellow member to benefit from it. If no interest, it is going onto ebay for £1000

any questions, just ask, I will do my best to answer

OP
OP
TheBig1

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
this car is getting a new MOT on Friday

open to sensible offers. This is a very cheap car to see if towing a toad suits you. The price of the entire car and fitted frame is cheaper than having a frame fitted

OP
OP
TheBig1

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Well the agila now has a shiny new Full MOT and had a service. It runs very well and in very good condition for its age

Any offers before I put it on EBay this afternoon?
20180628_151047_001.jpg
20180628_151554.jpg
20180628_151015.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
That's a cheap car that is

I've no use for a toad but I'd have thought anyone considering one this would be a good one to try it out before spending big money on a tow car

OP
OP
TheBig1

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
what make is the A frame and does it have a braking system please
Joe & Sue
Chris Cox I believe and it's a braked system
agila tow frame.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Definitely a Chris Cox A frame, but I dont see the cars braking system method of operation

OP
OP
TheBig1

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks guys a busy and very hot couple of days here. The car sold at full asking price on eBay within 12 hours of listing. Being collected next weekend

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back