cheap small convector heaters (1 Viewer)

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
dunno if this is any good for self builders etc...

I bought a couple to try them out and iam pretty impressed they are quite small less than a foot square and quite slim chucks out quite a bit of heat for the wattage and more importantly they dont rattle like some convector heaters,

Link Removed

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Got a couple very similar fitted to the truck, one in bedroom area another in lounge area ideal when on hook up ours are actually 400watt and easily heat up the whole interior. we also have 3 120watt tubular heaters 2 under the seat bases so warm air rises up behind the seat backs and another in the washroom.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User

I bought a couple to try them out and iam pretty impressed they are quite small less than a foot square and quite slim chucks out quite a bit of heat for the wattage and more importantly they dont rattle like some convector heaters,

Link Removed

Thanks for posting that. More detail here if needed (and a little cheaper?)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Compact-Convector-Heater-Frost-Watcher/dp/B006E6ALOO

:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs

Link Removed

Just to clarify a point but a 500 watt heater cannot put out any more heat than any other 500 watt heater of the same type, they will and can only produce 500 watts of heat energy. In a well insualted and relatively small volume space they will provide adequate heating in the average UK winter climate, when the real cold hits they will struggle to provide enough heat to keep anyone comfortable. Great for background heat when on hookup though:thumb:

D.

OP
OP
L

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
Just to clarify a point but a 500 watt heater cannot put out any more heat than any other 500 watt heater of the same type, they will and can only produce 500 watts of heat energy. In a well insualted and relatively small volume space they will provide adequate heating in the average UK winter climate, when the real cold hits they will struggle to provide enough heat to keep anyone comfortable. Great for background heat when on hookup though:thumb:

D.
I know 500w is 500w all I meant was for the wattage I was not expecting so much heat, like u say great for the background ambient temps, the Mrs is cold blooded so was mainly thinking for her, she doesnt do noise lol (we dont have a ticking clock in the house drives her nuts) so had to have silent heat even oil filled rads are no good

Last edited:
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I notice from the reviews that it draws air from the underside so it will need to be mounted off the floor (could be a homemade stand? or a wall)

taken from Amazon…...

"Its a heater what can I say.... well one thing is that IT MUST BE FIXED TO A WALL 0.3M OFF THE FLOOR its not floor mounted because its heating element is almost at the bottom and if you placed it on the floor it would be unsafe. So make note WALL MOUNTED !"

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
L

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
I notice from the reviews that it draws air from the underside so it will need to be mounted off the floor (could be a homemade stand? or a wall)

taken from Amazon…...

"Its a heater what can I say.... well one thing is that IT MUST BE FIXED TO A WALL 0.3M OFF THE FLOOR its not floor mounted because its heating element is almost at the bottom and if you placed it on the floor it would be unsafe. So make note WALL MOUNTED !"

thats one of the reasons i bought it so it can be perm mounted and wired in

Mick James

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Brechin
Funster No
MH
Swift royale 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
Heater

If you are all using these heaters what's the matter with yer gas fires, just saying like.....newbie :)

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Looks good! I see in the Amazon listing it is described as 'wall-mounted' - could somebody clarify if it can be used free-standing, without fixing to a wall?

Thanks, Mike :thumb:

We've just ordered one of these

looks the same but comes with feet so we can move it around, not anywhere we could wall mount so needed a free standing unit.

OP
OP
L

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
If you are all using these heaters what's the matter with yer gas fires, just saying like.....newbie :)

gas fires are fine but if your paying to be on a site you might as well use there electric instead of burning gas your paying for and personally I feel safer sleeping with these switched on than gas

OP
OP
L

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
We've just ordered one of these

looks the same but comes with feet so we can move it around, not anywhere we could wall mount so needed a free standing unit.
I have 4 of them and they work fantastic (to be honest 2 are enough) they keep the ambient temps nice and warm,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back