Cheap RMB with 2 ton payload. (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Have just been instructed by a good friend on Skype to tell you I think this van is rubbish. The engine will undoubtedly blow up on its first trip out, it will drink gallons of fuel before it does conk out, and its best left alone ;). I wouldn't touch it with a stick.

yeah!...I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!...Pssst..wheres the link again?:LOL:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Could the headlights be easily changed to dip to the left and the speedo face sorted?
Why would you want to do that. Beam benders are acceptable and just stick stickers on the speedo. I have no idea why anyone would try to make importing so difficult.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
you wont get away with beam benders these day! Some A class can be adjusted but most chassis cabs/vans need new headlights.....

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I got away with it last June :)

really...Then you were real lucky it got through the MOT/VCA check like that........ my last 3 imports I have had to change headlights

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
As the van I now own is 7.5 ton I had to take it to the local Vosa test station, and I must admit I was more than a little concerned re, the headlamps and speedo. I did change the rear fog lamp, well put a bulb in the empty holder. But that was it. No mention of the beam benders when they checked the aim.

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Now that is bloody gorgeous!! And a truly stunning price.

This happens exactly a year after I buy mine and I've just agreed to a huge amount of work on my Mustang, so any spare funds are spent already.

But, alas, only 4 berth, so I gather no above-cab bed. Oh, what a shame... At least this will spare my wife calling me a b*****d again this year for buying another car / motorhome.

Well, for once, I feel better now and the order for my Mach 1's ceramic headers shall remain.

I may take a quiet peek at that advert from time to time, though. Oooff....

Jun 15, 2009
Pontefract Yorkshire.
Funster No
Why would you want to do that. Beam benders are acceptable and just stick stickers on the speedo. I have no idea why anyone would try to make importing so difficult.

Thanks for the reply, the last thing I want to do is make things difficult for myself or anyone else. I was reading on the gov.uk website that the garage have to detail what they have done or to verify what you have done re the speedo, fog light and headlights. They say that a sticker on the outer glass will not do for the speedo, but a professional sticker can be fitted inside on the face. Stickers on the headlights wont do either, and the garage simply saying headlights adjusted wont do they have to say what they have actually done. The fog light is simple enough as we know.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
them days of getting away with beam benders well and truly over (generally)

lockwoods for the MPH speedo. send them a photo of yours with all lights on and they will supply. if its an odd speedo you would need to send them yours and they would copy it...

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
there a few vario's in breakers so speedo shouldnt be a problem and probably headlights aswell, a lot of bus/coach companies use the base model for conversions,

Alan,

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Broken Link Removed