Free Member
Jul 30, 2017
Thaxted, Essex.
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion.
Exp
30 years of weekends away motor racing.
Has anybody seen these cheap night heaters on ebay or perhaps even fitted one ?
There looks like no warranty and buyer pays the import tax !!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
purely based on your own words, no warranty, tax implications, I wouldn't go near it even if it wasn't electrical o_O

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
If its the chinese ones, they are best avoided according to buyers on Facebook who have found they are dangerous.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If you are referrng to Chinese copies of Eberspacher types at approx £175 (comes with everything Inc fuel tank) yes (y) my mate fitted one 2 mths ago and another has bought one awaiting delivery.....did not get charged import duty ...... works great and so far faultless .... Very impressed....trouble is it has now made my 2 second hand Eberspacher that I paid 300 quid each for almost worthless
Terry

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
If you are referrng to Chinese copies of Eberspacher types at approx £175 (comes with everything Inc fuel tank) yes (y) my mate fitted one 2 mths ago and another has bought one awaiting delivery.....did not get charged import duty ...... works great and so far faultless .... Very impressed....trouble is it has now made my 2 second hand Eberspacher that I paid 300 quid each for almost worthless
Terry
i'll take them of your hands for £50 each

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Terry
Who knows how safe or reliable these are BUT the simple fact that people in the UK (and maybe Europe) are buying them may make Eberspacher and Webasto reduce the price of theirs which should be a good thing. When the seller from Poland was offering Eberspachers at a reduced (to current UK price) the UK price came down to match him!

Rod

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Terry
He may want them off you in a few months when the Chinese ones try to kill him

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
He may want them off you in a few months when the Chinese ones try to kill
him
It may be me but I have had a very good look at it before and after installation and I cannot see any difference .....they vent outside and can be fitted outside so I fail to see how they can kill anyone

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
It may be me but I have had a very good look at it before and after installation and I cannot see any difference .....they vent outside and can be fitted outside so I fail to see how they can kill anyone
Have you stripped the electrical side down and seen if they are hand knitted by children?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Have you stripped the electrical side down and seen if they are hand knitted by children?
Not read all info yet but prob 90% of electrics are produced in China ....not sure if children are used.... more concerned with the quality of wires catching fire but if correctly fused it should eliminate that problem .....all I can say at the moment is Steve's van has not tried to kill him YET:D He has used it 4 days a week 24/7 for last two months
the same link I gave above

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
How hard and how much approximately would it cost to fit a diesel heater in a coach built van. Just wondered if the numbers stacked up , I know it saves you running out of gas and easier to refill. Just wondered the cost.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
How hard and how much approximately would it cost to fit a diesel heater in a coach built van. Just wondered if the numbers stacked up , I know it saves you running out of gas and easier to refill. Just wondered the cost.
It depends on how good at diy you are---using one of the Chinese heaters ??--they come as a complete kit and are easy to install £175/200 quid ish --Eberspacher aprox £700 for heater then another 75/100 for bits £800 ish--- of course no labour charges hence DIY

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It depends on how good at diy you are---using one of the Chinese heaters ??--they come as a complete kit and are easy to install £175/200 quid ish

instructions come in Mandarin .. ;)

Urs4_2008

Free Member
Aug 12, 2016
Vestskogen, Norway
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I
Exp
Since 2009
I did this to my coach built. Not to save money but to get good, easy, constant heat not needing to get up at night and change bottles. It took me s few days as a diy. My guess is a professional fitter with plans for your exact coach ready at hand would get a lot done in two to four workdays, depending on your wishes and how your MH is built. Maybe a bit less if you’re only looking to get a single outlet Webasto 2000 or similar.

It was a bit tricky to install, and price was about 1900 gbp all parts included (Webasto air top Evo 40 with Smart controller, fuel pickup and 5 outlets and lots of connectors). Given what I pay for lpg, and how I use the motorhome, I would break even maybe after 3-4 years. But that’s beside the point in my case.

I do not envy my MH neighbors which had to get out early in the morning today, in -21C, to change bottles.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
On of Thea's would just fit right in to my existing ducting and their is room behind my current heating sytem dose a small lift pump come with it to supply from tank
Bill

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Bill everything comes with them ....onl o thing you need is extra pipeing/ducting and on some models a silencer is a extra ,but at £13 it's not going to break the bank .....even comes with own fuel tank ;)red ;)
Facebook group 6k members the vast majority are very happy and lots of help/advice on fixing what is mainly minor probs
Terry

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi Bill everything comes with them ....onl o thing you need is extra pipeing/ducting and on some models a silencer is a extra ,but at £13 it's not going to break the bank .....even comes with own fuel tank ;)red ;)
Facebook group 6k members the vast majority are very happy and lots of help/advice on fixing what is mainly minor probs
Terry
thank terry looking in to it at that price there worth a punt sod it just ordered one
bill

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
@Terry it's on its way thay have ben verry fast it's at the HAYES SERVICE CENTRE according to tracking information
bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back