Cheap entry via local "Passports" (1 Viewer)

clwyd

Free Member
Jul 21, 2009
Ruthin, N. Wales
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Some areas in France offer booklets showing local attractions with greatly reduced entry (call at OT/SI) - the best ones I know (from 2007/8) are 2 different ones in both the Jura, and to the north. The first includes both French and Swiss Jura and really is a must, but may not be available every year - as well as a varying reduction you get the 4th one free!. Always worth asking about.

OP
OP
C

clwyd

Free Member
Jul 21, 2009
Ruthin, N. Wales
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Cheap entry - Local "Cards" 1-4 days

Some areas in France offer booklets showing local attractions with greatly reduced entry (call at OT/SI) - the best ones I know (from 2007/8) are 2 different ones in both the Jura, and to the north. The first includes both French and Swiss Jura and really is a must, but may not be available every year - as well as a varying reduction you get the 4th one free!. Always worth asking about.
Another useful cost reducer is the 24/48 or 1-4 or so day cards in many cities and elsewhere. .. but they are usually pretty useless unless you have planned well before you travel! ... so look up any city you plan to visit first!!

I mention Copenhagen, Bergen?, Dresden, Leipzig, and Oslo, but a most valuable one is the German Harz area 4 day card. the shorter periods are usually from the minute of first use, but the 2 or 3 day plus are in complete days only, which is a pest.

Oslo: this was very useful for 2 days, with excellent Polar exploration (Fram) & Kon Tiki museums etc., which includes the boat trip across the harbour.
Harz Card: only the longer card includes the super, and expensive, Brocken mountain railway, and with a well organised itinerary could be great value (next time - as I said you need to know well in advance!).
..... otherwise most of these cards can be a waste of time and money.
Derek

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I mention Copenhagen, Bergen?, Dresden, Leipzig, and Oslo, but a most valuable one is the German Harz area 4 day card.

Harz Card: only the longer card includes the super, and expensive, Brocken mountain railway....
An extremely fascinating area of Germany to visit though to visit Brocken you really have to take a chance on the weather. It was a fine day when I went last year, but by the time the train had reached the summit it was heavily overcast, thick mist and extremely windy. I only managed a few half decent photos, but it's worth the visit just to see the listening station built and used by the Stasi in ex-DDR days.

Some small village areas in the Harz region can be a bit spooky to say the least with very limited english spoken and lots of 'Aryan' looking little kids running around.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back