Cheap as chips? Britannia Rescue (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Although the cost of the new toy [bought two weeks ago] took my breath away somewhat, I was pleased to find that associated costs weren't in the same ballpark. Tax at £205 and insurance for £240 for insyance [helps to be old]. I thought I'd pass on my experience of recovery insurance in case it's of use to anyone.

I've used Britannia Rescue for some time. As a Civil Service Motoring Association [CSMA] member I get a discount on public rates and I've also found them really helpful when I've had to call them out. I was delighted to see that motorhomes are also covered - up to 8m and 7.5 tonnes. I have 'Personal cover' enabling me and Mrs ericonabike to use Britannia Rescue for whatever vehicle we are driving or being driven in within UK. I upped the cover to Deluxe [inc Europe] and named the motorhome as the nominated vehicle. This cost me £120 for the year and we are obviously covered for our two cars within UK - and anyone else's we are driving or being driven in!

Worth checking out IMHO.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Still think ADAC is hard to beat at €79 for single or €98 for double membership, but it's good to have more options.

Covers all vehicles and has medical repatriation included.
Max 7.5t / 2.55m W / 3.22m H / 10m L

Callum

SilverF1

Free Member
Nov 14, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
7 years and upwards
Britannia Rescue did us proud last year in France, when the crankshaft pulley fell apart after 3 years and 20k miles. (2007 reg transit base).

6 nights in a hotel, paid for, including meals in the hotel. 6 nights because it took the main Ford dealer From Thursday lunchtime until the following Wednesday to get the new pulley. Despite putting the broken bits on the counter when the tow truck dropped us off. Took them 2 hours to fit it. (Barrats Autos, Montlucon).

The upside was that it was the annual carnival weekend.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back