Free Member
Oct 28, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1978
Recently acquired and just starting to investigate the features and facilities and hope that I can find some easy answers on the forum. First question (I have managed to answer a few by reading the skimpy book) is regarding the fresh water drain tap. Lying on my back and looking under the van in the position indicated by a sticker I can see not 1 but 2 identical taps, any ideas? Sensible preferred.

David

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Could one be for fresh water drain and the other for grey water drain?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Recently acquired and just starting to investigate the features and facilities and hope that I can find some easy answers on the forum. First question (I have managed to answer a few by reading the skimpy book) is regarding the fresh water drain tap. Lying on my back and looking under the van in the position indicated by a sticker I can see not 1 but 2 identical taps, any ideas? Sensible preferred.

David
the chanson 620 i have has two drains on the fw tank.. one empties the tank completely, the other to what they call a reserve/minimum level for travelling with rather than a full tank..
difference is one of my drain valves is internal, so can't be sure..
andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Easylifer

Easylifer

Free Member
Oct 28, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1978
Not the grey water, that is the other side of the van but will experiment with the reserve/minimum option. It will probably take a few goes as I will undoubtedly empty the tank fully on the first attempt.
Wouldn't it be useful if the operators handbook covered these basic bits. I never got any complaints about the detailed manuals I wrote on bomb disarming.
Thanks for the suggestions.
David

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
open both taps and start to fill if it comes out of just 1 that is the main drain if you close it and the other starts to drain after a while thgat is the one that leaves a travelling reserve. If they both start to drain straight away I recon one is the boil;er drain the other the fresh water drain although our boiler drain tap is inside (chausso nflsh 10)

David

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Could one be the water heater drain tap and the other the drinking water tank tap, that is what we have underneath our 610?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Easylifer

Easylifer

Free Member
Oct 28, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1978
Thank you the wino. Opened both taps and after 5 minutes the forward one stopped running then after another 5 minutes the aft one stopped. mystery solved.
David

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back