Chausson Welcome 711 traveline freshwater drain

Discussion in 'Motorhome Help for the Beginner' started by Neil Jenkins, Dec 7, 2018 at 3:03 PM.

1. Neil Jenkins

Neil Jenkins Funster

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi
    I have a chausson 711 Motorhome and drained freshwater out and just gone to refill but valve dosent seem to be fully shut hence pump is pulsing. Any ideas please

2. andy63

andy63 Funster

Ratings:
    +15,001
    Hi.. youer saying the drain valve is still leaking water , but if you are still have sufficient water in the tank, the pulsing pump will have nothing to do with the leaking drain valve...
    You will have to try and flush the valve by opening and closing it to see if you can shut it fully...
    The pump may just need all the various outlets opened and allowed to run until you get a steady stream of water with no splutters of air coming through...
    Thats what id be trying first..
    Andy..

3. Neil Jenkins

Neil Jenkins Funster

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks Andy think the drain valve isn't sealing properly because it stops when I turn the pump off I'll try what you said

• Like it Like it x 1
  4. QFour

QFour Funster

Ratings:
    +1,288
    If you have a Frost Stat it could be that thats not turned off. Depends on type. Ours you turn the lever on top to reset it then there is a blue button that you have to press in near the base of the unit. I cannot see ours so have to do it by feel.

5. Simon Meadwell

Simon Meadwell Funster

Ratings:
    +15
    We had a similar problem the pump in the tank had moved just needed repositioning